Deserving it.. and one HOT grandma!


OK Ladies.. here is someone how is really Inspiring! 62 years old and what a transformation!


"Deana Langham of Houston, Texas
This grandmother refused to let personal heartache keep her from reaching her goals.

For 34 years, I was in a very abusive marriage and by the time I divorced in 1997, I had lost all self esteem and purpose. I felt that my life was over and that I had nothing to offer anyone. I spent the next four and a half years doing grief work and seriously looking at myself.

By 2002, I felt that spiritually and emotionally I was a new person, but my physical self had turned into someone I didn’t know. I was a couch potato and I weighted 150 pounds! My efforts at dieting never resulted in more than a 10.."


My Thoughts on Deserving It

Its early here and when I work up this morning I laid in bed thinking and praying for a while. What was I thinking.. I was thinking how "we all deserve to be healthy and fit!" I deserve it and you deserve it. Why am I talking about this? Because for years some of us have been raised and lived with the emotional and intellectual thinking that "I worked hard.. or I had a stressful day .. or .. I have kids, a house to run, and a full schedule." and "I DESERVE that cookie, that coke, that starbucks, or at the very least I DESERVE to not have to think about what I put in my mouth to eat and how it will effect me." When I get into this frame of mind and stay there.. this is how I end up looking:



NOW.. Is that the face of a woman who worked so hard, lived such a stressed life that she deserved to feed her body anything it wanted? yes. Is it a mom who didnt want to think about herself but put everyone else first? yes. Is that a mom who was happy?, energetic?, strong?, self confident? self assured? a positive example to her family? NOnonononoNO.

So heres my questions.
What DO we deserve as moms, wives, sisters, and hard working women of God? HUM. Did we deserve Jesus? no. Did we deserve to live in this country full of so many blessings? no. Do we deserve the wonderful family members who love us so much? no.
So What does Deserve mean?
1.to merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation: to deserve exile; to deserve charity; a theory that deserves consideration.
2.to be worthy of, qualified for, or have a claim to reward, punishment, recompense, etc.: to reward him as he deserves; an idea deserving of study.

I am saying this morning, as I laid in bed, I remembered something. As a fallen person on this earth, I deserve NOTHING! BUT as a person saved by Christ.. I deserve to live for his Glory. He deserves the BEST I have to offer. So do my kids, my husband and my family. How can I serve effectively and be unhappy, the victim, the person, who at the end of the day has NOTHING left to give. I cant, and you cant.

Today and for the next 12 weeks, I will workout and eat without feeling like I DESERVE IT. I workout and eat right so I can give others what they deserve. So I can live the life until its end serving and giving Him what He deserves. I try to be the servant my Saviour deserves.

Colossians 3
"12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."



.. ok..
now that that is off my chest.. its time to go do chest press :)
I will post my workout later..

Blessings
ruthie

Comments

Josha said…
I looked up your blog before heading off to lift. I'm glad I did. Thanks for your words of encouragment and wisdom.
Sarah said…
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME POST.

Every mother needs to read this post, Ruth!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing it.