todays eats Posted.

Heres my plan and actual for today
#1- Protien Shake- within ten mins of workout, water (done)
#2- Left over turkey burrito from last night, fruit and water-tea
#2 actual. Ham and cheese sandwich with chips and about 4 ounces of coke.
#3- Apple and Peanut butter water-tea (done but added 4 crackers)
#4- Oven baked Chicken, veggies, sweet tato- water-tea
#4 actual. Turkey Speg. with steamed veggies, two pieces of bread very small amount of pasta.)
#5- Shake (DHs choice) (done)


Ok.. so the red letters are the areas I need to improve on. I have reason for lunch being the worst.. I let myself get too hungry by running to do errands without a snack on hand. I had a headache and wanted quick relief.

The good news is.
I didnt over eat today. I ate portion sizes that were good. I also drank my water like I said I would.

I wonder sometimes if life is always going to be watching what I eat and making sure I workout. I guess its the way life IS going to be from now on. I dont have time to play sports for two to three hours a day like I did when I was a kid and teenager.. so I HAVE to watch what I eat if I want to not go back to where i was a year ago. I think it brings back the importance of teaching our children that we need to feed our bodies correctly and be active. Instead of .. the way I was raised.. be active and dont worry about what you eat.

Today I wasnt perfect.. but this is life.. and lifes not perfect either. As the old saying goes..

" Its what you do most of the time that matters.. " (or something like that anyway)

ok..

all for now.. more tomorrow.. I will post my eats again.. and have to run to the store.. tomorrow is DHs birthday.. so tune in same bat time same bat channel to see if I ate some cake. :)

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Sarah said…
Happy Birthday to Joel!!!

Maybe when our kids go to college we can take up really vigorous sports again? Esp since while they were in our home we were working hard at maintaining our fitness? :)

I also wonder though if at some point we can get into a groove and not think so hard about what we eat and do, but still maintain a healthy body and physical activity? That is definitely one of my goals. I think I'd go crazy if I thought it every dya for the rest of my life!