UPDATED AT 9pm! Day Two Eats

This is my last update for the night. I had a great day on eats... no cravings for "bad" foods.. I got hungry about 7pm and just grabbed a boiled egg and water and that did the trick.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be doing this well on eats the last two days. Conquering those old eating habits.. and emotional eating habits and focusing on keeping my self promises has be a huge success to me mentally. I know I have been doing this working out thing for a while and its not that hard for me. As a kid and through high school I played softball.. a serious athlete who was could have gotten a scholarship to a University if i hadn't chosen differently .. all this to say.. I grew up being use to vigorous workouts, hot sweaty 100 degree workouts in 90% humidity ..with coaches screaming at me to do better, be faster, and stronger.. But Ladies.. this eating thing is a whole different ball game for me :) (excuse the pun).. I grew up eating mostly junk food thinking that it didnt matter what I put in my body since I worked so hard on the feild ... so these two days give me hope that I can change. And more than ever I am realizing it DOES matter what goes into this body of mine! So.. heres to making progress.. making changes.. and trying everyday to stick with it.

Here are my eats for today.. 0 Sodas, 0 bread,
  1. 11.00 Banana Shake (I made the shake but had only 5 wafers with it. .. instead of a whole serving of 12)
  2. 1.20 Mexican Salad. (Organic Romaine lettuce, 1/4 cup fat free beans warmed, 1 T lite sour cream, organic hot sauce, carrots shaved to look like cheese, and two tortilla chips crumbled up small... remember Taco Bell Mexican Salad.. tasted JUST like that! seriously! yummy! .. That Romaine Lettuce had a wonderful flavor!)
  3. 3.30 Apple and Peanut butter 5 wheat thins (I was about thirty minutes late on my eating so I was really hungry, the apple was small. so I added the wheat thins)
  4. 5.45 Turkey Mexican Salad (romaine lettuce with lite sour cream, hot sauce and half a totillia in small bite size pieces on top.)
  5. 7.00 1 boiled egg with mustard on top.
  6. 9.00 Shake (oreo) (I will do this in a few minutes)

I LOVED the Mexican Salad I made today.. it really did taste just like Taco Bells horrible for you salad.. but mine was healthy! It is my new favorite!
In honor of my new favorite meal I found this fun site:

My Version--YUMMY!
"Tortilla Terror"




Comments

Josha said…
yum!! You are getting very creative! We should start a sidebar of favorite recipes on our blogs. My recipes are not *quite* as creative as yours, however. Here is one: take one marathon bar, open the package, enjoy with a glass of water.
Sarah said…
You are doing good! And your Mexican salad definitely looked healthier than the TB version :)

I'm with Josha, my recipes somehow don't seem to live up to yours either: Peel 7 bananas, eat them.

Ha haha! :)
Gracyn said…
mustard on a boiled egg???? I'll haffta try that!
Loved your recipe, Sarah!
Gracyn said…
Ok...well my daughter has changed her blog name from Dr. Pepper to the polar express...It's really me, Josha.