Fridays workout-eats (UDATE)

I just completed my weight lifting workout.. I have posted it on the side in more detail but I did the three Bs today.

I am working on eating my after workout meal
bananas and a tangelo. I have issues with bananas. Its about the texture.. they are too mushy for me.. but I am eating it anyway.. the taste is good.. and I am loving the tangelo.. this meal is not what is on the menu for day one but it is what I had here.. I also will drink lots of water today.

Right now I am feeling great bout making a change for a while. The only problem I have is wondering if other people think I am going nuts or something. I guess I need to not worry so much what other people think huh? Its my body. not theirs.

so thats all for right now.. I will probably post more than once a day for a while .. I want to journal how I feel, etc and this is the place I do that.

so far its nice to know that I can eat all the fruits and veggies I want... taking the cooking out of the option and crackers ect.. seems . so far to make it easy.

I want to open and honest about this journey that I am making so. I will post pictures, measurements, and make sure I put down exactly how I feel.

More later
Blessings
Ruthie

====UPDATE-----

OK.. WOW.. I would like to know how in the world anyone can eat more than one banana! I really had to work at getting one banana and a tangelo down this morning. Interesting thing so far (only my second meal into this mind you) about 10 mins after I ate my fruit meal this morning I had TONS of energy. What is that? It was like I just finished running and felt great! but I hadnt run. hum. Could it be a fruit buzz?
I went to the grocery store and came home with sacks full of produce. Good news is I got lots.
Bad news is I went off and forgot my list at home. So I just got what I thought I would feel like eating. (and what I remembered writing on the list) Heres my list:
Bananas
Apples
Oranges
kiwis
mangos
Pineapple
Personal watermelon
Cantaloupes
tomatoes
two kinds of organic lettuce
cucumber
others I cant remember.

I decided I needed to eat again when I got home. I really want to keep my energy up and my caloric intake up so I am having another banana and some organic apple. (I know there is a combination thing about some fruits.. so I will go and read that in a few. I just cant eat a banana by itself right now. )

so far so good..no cravings, for caffeine or sugar yet. I started to get a slight headache, but now that I am eating it has gone away.

I am just sitting here right now stuffed. How do people eat so much fruit! Should I just listen to my body and not force myself to eat it all .. ? I think I might just wait a bit and just eat a little more and then see how it goes.

ok.. all for now will post again after supper.

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Sarah said…
Ruth, the fruit buzz can be very addictive. :) It only gets better.

Regarding size of fruit meals, you will have to train your stomach slowly over time to eat enough calories in one sitting. Cooked food contains lots of calories but has the water cooked out of it so portions are smaller. Fruit is full of water so it fills you up fast, and for people coming from cooked diet who're not used to eating that much volume in one sitting, you just need to work on it slowly.

Don't stuff yourself ever, but maybe eat a little more than what makes you think you're full right now. That will slowly increase over time until you can eat more in one sitting. Make sense?

Also. Why don't you try banana smoothies? Just plain bananas and a little bit of water in a blender. Kevin is finding that right now he can drink more bananas than eat whole. He was having a problem with the texture also but it makes a delicious drink. So he's been on plain banana smoothies for a couple of days now.

Remember when I was really addicted to those banana-celery smoothies for quite awhile? Those make a great sports drink for after a run or workout!

You're doing great for it being your 1st day!