Sundays Sunshine Run and thoughts

Just finished my Sunday run. Sunday afternoons are one of my favorite times to run since most people are laying around watching tv or napping the roads are quiet.. great for thinking.

I jogged in my neighborhood with SuLin.. she is a great partner.. although I did have to stop to show her that a mail box ornament was nothing to be afraid of. =) I walked and jogged but feel like I am getting some of my spunk back .. this run was much better than my last one. {=

After the jog I did my abwork.. three sets of 30 crunches, 2 sets of 12 bike/knees to elbows, and 20 hipups.. I tried to do them all very slow.. trying to remember what absolution said and focus on technique. After those I did some buffmother dancing to Shakira .. some spanish song I love but have no idea what she is saying :)

I am very sore from yesterdays lifting.. so I stretched like crazy.. tomorrow will be worse I am sure.. but I am looking forward to my upper body workout =)

-----so.. .. heres my thoughts for the day while running----

"It feels so good to get out of the house!"
"oh.. love that sun!"
" Su.. stop it!/.. come on.. its just a mailbox!"
"Ok.. i need to run again.."
"oh i love this song!"
" goodness I have lost some of endurance.. bigtime!"
"no where else to go but straight ahead"
_______________

As I was working on my buff mother ab dance i was noticing that I have gained a bit more fat back into my tummy over the last week of missing my work outs.. that got me to thinking..
this platue thing.. Hitting a plateau is normal.. but a thought came to my head ... one of two things have to happen to break the plateau. 1. take in less calories or 2. increase calorie burn. Its that simple.. I guess I need to realize that I need to be a bit more dedicated when it comes to eats. I like the amount/time of exercise I am getting.. and feel if I do more I will be over training.. so... increasing workouts isnt an option for me.. Leading me to dietary intake.. I KNOW i go over on carbs. I KNOW I dont eat enough fruits and veggies. and I KNOW I dont drink enough water..


SO..

no more fussing about not making progress..
This week.. its all about eats. (check back later for more) :)
right before I was to post this.. I found this..after reading it I will probably make a few more changes but will have to figure out what...

all for now
I am off to get some art done.. and possibly finish a project. :)

Comments

Josha said…
I began actually taking in a few *more* calories by way of fruit (inspired by Sarah's yummy descriptions) during the day and eliminating any other kind of carb, specifically after 6:00 pm. I also have been changing up my workouts more...there are some places I still get in a rut...biceps. But I'm down another .5 lbs. So I think the changes are working. I need to concentrate on water again! Thanks for the reminder that I still have abwork to do!! I did my cardio yesterday on the sledding hill (boy, was that a good workout!), but I forgot all about abs!
Sarah said…
You know now we all want you to post a video of you dancing to Shakira, don't you? :)

Hey, what specific exercises can I do to burn off tummy fat? Help! :) Thanks!