no run but great day :) (UPDATED)

had a GREAT practice this morning at track... all the kids worked really hard and ran really FAST :) I have had a great time as substitute coach :)

I planned on running after practice like I did earlier this week... but I stepped in a huge puddle at the end of practice today... stepping off the track and right into a soggy feet soaking mess.....so.. my shoes and socks and feet were soaked! my shoes are now outside drying out and this leaves me to go for an evening run .. which is fine. I am looking forward to running but am a tad concerned that my left foot has the slight feeling of soreness undernieth ... My last run I spent more time on the concrete sidewalk than normal cause it was wet and soggy on the grass.... but i guess i learned my less on... run on the grass when you can no matter if its a bit soggy!

I have a goal today of limiting my sugar ... no gatorade this morning (had an apple instead) and no sugar in my tea (stevia instead).. :) so far so good.

my eats today so far (will update throughout the day)

breakfast:
  • half an apple and water
  • 2 eggs, 2 wheat toast, a bit of butter, tea with stevia
snack:
  • 1/8th cup of GO Lean cereal
update
lunch:
  • 2 small pieces of homemade pizza, a half a serving of whole wheat pasta with tom sauce tea with stevia :)
snack:
  • blueberry, banana, flax and protein shake
(its 3pm.. and I have had ZERO white sugar.. only sugar is from the fruit i have had .. I am feeling GREAT.. have had cravings but drank water and made it until time for my shake... withdrawals arent near as bad as the last time i tried this! woowhoo!)

Snack:
  • 5 whole wheat crackers some with peanut butter .. some with lean turkey (not at the same time.. about 20 mins apart:) water
Supper:
  • Turkey patty (burger) on one piece of bread, oven roasted potato slices, catchup, water
7.39 pm
I have been THRILLED with how I ate today but more importantly how great i feel! its like I found the old me :) haha... and all it took was eating like I know I need to...
I had a bit of a craving "attack" for sugar but grabbed a peppermint... I dont like them so I literaly just sucked the red off the thing and threw it out :) LOL,. but it was enough to get me through :)

Still havent run. planned to do it tonight but DH has a guys night out :) .. so I will wait until about 830 and jump on the treadmill. I MUST get my miles in if I am going to make it the 16 on saturday :) .. I will post when i am finished.


ok.. so i give up. guess i should have stopped painting about 4 this afternoon and jumped on the treadmill.... I got ready and started running on the mill about 830pm ... didnt even get a mile into it and my tummy started hurting. I guess supper and running didnt agree with each other even though they were about 2 hours apart. I am use to running on empty.. so this is no fun... I give up for tonight but might get up and run before track tomorrow... if i wake up at 515 am like i did today without an alarm! ....

oh well.. here's to success in other areas for today and a miss run (unless .88 miles counts) ... it does make me look forward to running again.... that durn 16 miler might take me forever cause I might have to walk more than i want! ...
Progress NOT perfection!





more later :)
feeling like its going to be great today!

Comments

Marci said…
Hi, just stumbled across your blog. Great job on the track workout, and I really agree with your previous post about being "most happy" in a certain weight range. I am out of that range right now and I am not as content with my running, how I look and feel in clothes, so its back to analyzing my diet.
Unknown said…
Great day of success! I didn't manage the run either, but have high hopes for a trail run this afternoon!!
Unknown said…
ooops...josha again posing as odell.