just couldnt finish

was to do 8 miles today.. could only manage 6.5 ..... lots of factors kept me from finishing.
want to hear them?
  • stayed up too late watching "the Unit"
  • didn't eat a protein shake before bed
  • had to wait until late in the morning . .. didnt leave until 730 (because my hubby had to be at work for a bit this morning and I had to wait until he got home)
  • first 1/2 mile into it i stepped in a stupid hole and rolled my ankle a bit (shoot!)... the hole had water in it so I had the whole rest of my run in a wet sock.. (which i HATE)
  • The water on my one foot made me mad.... so i ran MOST of the rest of the run just mad.
  • mad at the guy in the truck who didnt stop for me and another girl at one of the intersections.. (cant you see mister that we are dieing here! if i stop i have to talk myself back into running? urgh)
  • my legs felt like lead... i know its cause I didn't eat before I went running and i should have.
i am now super tired.. but i am happy with myself. I got out and got something done.. and i pushed myself ... running over 5 of the 6.5 miles :) I am already sore!

Comments

Josha said…
6.5 miles works!
:)
Laura said…
good for you for still pushing through the 6.5. alot of my best workouts are when I'm mad; however, the wet sock thing would almost cripple me. I hate even a wet spoton my socks!