I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!




I did it! more after my ice bath!
OK... here it goes
woke up at 515 to my alarm.. DIDNT want to get out of bed... but 10 mins later.. i did.
mile one I walked most of, mile 2, 3, 4 i ran, mile 5 walked some ran some.. same for the rest until mile 10.. saw my sister! she was out walking... so i got to walk and visit.. SO FUN to see her! .. mile 11.. sucked! always will i guess.... 12 was good. 13 walked and ran... 14 started to cry cause the song "Miracle of the Moment" song came on.. 15 and 16 HARD ... legs felt like lead.. walked a LOT Of 15 but mile 16 i was determined to run most.. and i did.

got home... DH had my tub ready... got in and then had my DD bring ice... My sister was over visiting so she grabbed the ice and started throwing it at me! it was so fun! nothing like laughin with your sister! ...

Things I loved about it:
all the different people out...the ones with dogs, the ones with friends, the ones with their elderly moms, the guy who was a distance runner who I wondered with ever lap if i would see him again... the last time i passed him i gave him a wave.. he waved back... its interesting the kind of bond you have with people you have never met.. but if you see that they have run 6 or 8 or 10 miles you have an bond without saying a word. we told each other without saying anything "way to go.. you can do it!"

how i started alone in the dark, had people in the middle and at the end.. i was by myself again.. but for my shadow

I loved the moon and the sunrise.

my shirt that had no sleeves.... no sleeve to bother me :)

What I could have done without:
the guy in the moving truck that literally hung his head out the window gaulking at me.

how my legs felt like lead

the slug that was on my water bottle as i went to drink it (I hide my bottles in the bushes) ... made me scream!


dont know if that is enough of a report :) I am sure I will have more.. deeper thoughts later... but for now...
I MUST go eat lunch with my husband (yes .. its a date!)



Comments

Josha said…
can't wait to read more!
Unknown said…
A most entertaining report! Wish I had a sister...can I borrow yours? That would then make you my sister by default. It could be fun! Great, great job, my runnin' friend!
Unknown said…
ok, well...odell is such a blogger these days. You'd think I'd remember to change users, but no. Josha posting as odell yet again.
Laura said…
awesome. the slug...so gross
Jae said…
What a great day!! Glad I got ya, minna gurl. :)
J.
Amanda said…
That's so awesome! You go girl!