sore

I am just a "tad" sore today (HA!) .. more like OUCHEEEEWAHWAH i am sore! :)

I slept GREAT last night, went to track and ran a bit with the kids... my son was sore too.. so we worked through our soreness together :) ... after a good mile or so and a bit of stretching... i was much better...

I tried to rest as much as i could today.... and tonight my DH gave me a GREAT leg rub down.. OUCH it hurt cause I am THAT sore.. but its seemed to have helped a LOT! ....

My mistake---- I failed to drink a protein shake right after I finished  yesterday.... so it IS all my fault. so i shouldnt complain :)

ok... so my plan tomorrow is take a bit of a run if my legs feel up to it... if not i will rest and give it a whirl on Friday. I will prob push my "resting" long run back a bit.. like to Sunday night so I will have a full week to recover for that 20 miler. (YIKES)

I am off to read my Marathon Man book............

want to have a quote-a-thon?

"I have much more important things to do than engage in the preparation of nutritionally deficient foods." great quote from the Star Trek episode we watched tonight 

 

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."
Jules Renard

 

"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."
Steve Prefontaine

 

For every mile you run, you add one minute to your life. This enables you, at the age of 85, to spend an additional five months in a nursing home at $5,000/month.  









"I have much more important things to do than engage in the preparation of nutritionally deficient foods."

Comments

Josha said…
I was so glad that I remembered my protein shake. I'm a little stiff today and I can feel my muscles, but not sore. :) Still, a leg rubdown sounds good.
Love the quotes. Especially the nursing home one. I laughed out loud and had to share it with O.
Erica Huff said…
Ruthie -
Thank you for your sweet comments. I am doing well, almost to 20 miles so far for the week. Unlike your 18 in one day! That's incredible. Congratulations!! I'll be there one day. I'm preparing for a full marathon January 1st so I still have a while to go. My longest run will be Saturday with an 8 miler. You are an inspiration. Congratulations again!