had a ball!

I had a ball tonight...
I did upper body and abwork on my big blue exercise ball :)
chest fly
shoulder press
bi curls
also did:
bench press with the bench at the smith machine
lat pulldowns at the smith

tons and tons of crunches on the ball and the bench.. the leg lifts on the bench..
and I decided my new goal is to do 25 of these:

no.. thats not me! :).. click on the pic to take you to her page:)

tonight I did TEN! and i was happy with that!


backing up a bit...
this morning I "led" track practice with the kidos... they had long runs so they ran as many laps as they could.. afterward we did some aerobics, ab work, pushups and stretching ... its was an ok workout but I felt like I needed more tonight so I hit my gym :)

Isnt it interesting what we think about when we workout or run? tonights topic in my brain was all about my impatience with myself at not making much progress...
I found myself wondering why I am so concerned with my waist size....... focusing on my slow progress made me rethink the whole reasons behind it....
the song "Relax, take it easy" has really it a cord with me... particually the "Its as if I am scared.. its as if I am terrified" part... could it be that I am so concerned mentally with my possible failure at not making the full marathon distance that its putting a kink in my progress?
When I think about it.. I am scared.. I mean.. how in the world can i go THAT far? yikes..

but... I also understand that is where the challenge of the marathon lies.... not in the miles covered, or the physcial dicipline to get me to the finish line... but the mental strength, fighting back the demons that tell you "you cant!" YOU are crazy! and "anyone in their right mind would not even try!".... its about conquering your fear....

hum...
so.. the tug of war continues... :)

----
and lastly...
i havent been getting my water in like i should.. and i have learned if my big gallon jug isnt filled and ready to go for the next day... i wont drink it... .. something about seeing that water line get short and short as i drink and knowing I am closer to my goal of a gallon a day is what does it for me :) ha....
so..
i am off to shower, get my jug filled up and in the fridge and in bed

for tomorrow I lead track again... and its sprints and duck duck goose day! :)

Comments

Josha said…
water, water, water!
Red light green light is a good sprinting game too.
Ruthie said…
ooooo redlightgreen light. .. how fun will that would be fun!
thanks for that!