Its NOT about the Shirt... and more :)

Can't believe it but I CAN walk today :) LOL..

Yesterday evening I had a "catch" in my front hip area... but this morning it was totally fine
my feet still feel a bit tired but know I made a great choice to not wear my 5 inch heals to church this morning :) ... the front of my thighs are sore.. like they are when you run sprints .. its a good sore. :)

Eats:
Yesterday I ate bad :) ... calling it a free day. (really wanna know?) .. ugh.. too long to type :)
Today... well... not so good again.. We had Dr Pepper in the house so i drank some. Girls.. I am telling you.. Its like a drug to me! makes me feel GREAT! ... ugh... stupid HFCS!

I didnt go grocery shopping and I didnt do a meal plan... I did this instead:

which is really cool.. but I should have done my eats plan instead.

so... tomorrow I WILL plan and shop...

DETERMINED to eat great this week!


Wonder what I decided as far as a "real" race or running my marathon by myself?
Well.. I have given it a lot of thought.. and I have decided.
Sept. 26th will be the day...

I will run where I always do because:
  • I love it.
  • There is just something about not having to pay someone to go run a marathon.. will help other people see that they don't have to have $ to run a marathon (no hotel bill, no travel expense, no eating out...) I can then take my $ if I want and by me a new running outfit or something else to celebrate :)
  • It takes all the excuses away
  • It will be special because its the place I use to not be able to run or walk one lap around (2miles) without stopping and it will be where all my training has taken place :)
  • I will be able to come straight home to my tub that is already ready for me and to my HOUSE.. where I can just chill for a while and of course blog about the adventure :)
  • I will be able to have my hubby and children run different parts of it with me.. AND maybe a few of my friends (if they are willing).
And the MAIN reason for me is....

BECAUSE ITS NOT ABOUT THE SHIRT or the medal!

for me its about conquering my fear, doing something I once thought impossible, and doing it MY way! Don't get me wrong.. the shirts and medals from running events are cool but... its more personal than that for me :) (yeah.. I am a rebel!)


so I posted my workout schedule for this week on the side bar.. incase you wanna see.:P ... I am on week 14 of a 20 week program from Marathoning for Mortals

Comments

Josha said…
So cool to be able to say, "oh, no..it wasn't an organized race, I ran the 26.2 on my own."