Ruthie's Cold Weather Running Inspiration Awards go to

OK. After teaching at co-op all day.. we came home and did chores :)
My daughter comes to me and says.. "Piggie back" of course joking thinking I couldnt do it.. and I said ok..
I carried her around the house for a while and did a few squats :).. thought was funny so had to take a picture.. this is during squat #3 :)
HA!

Who said growing old meant growing weak???
(why its underlining i have no idea :)







You see that drip of sweat? That is from after my run!
IN 35 degree weather!!!!! WOOOOWHOOO! ME RUNNING IN 36 :) AFTER TEACHING ALLL DAY :) .... WHO HAVE I BECOME!


I had a tank, a long sleeve, a short sleeve, a fleece and a jacket... this is after taking off the fleece its tied around my waist but you cant really see it in the photo.. thats why my jacket looks so funny :)


Like my hat??

did 4 miles!

FELT FANTASTIC!

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION TO GET OUT THERE GOES TO THE FOLLOW BLOGGER FRIENDS AND THEIR POSTS!

JOSHA
leaving for Denver look at my dirtygirlgattors!


SHUT UP AND RUN!
frozen shot and other observations


::::ASLO::::

Coach Art and his wife Lydia who ran this week in the 30 degree weather!
and
Last but not least my friend Kelly, mother of 4 (runners) and a runner herself who gets out and loves the cold weather runs!

--now .. enough fun on the blog.. i must go stretch and cook supper :)

Comments

Sarah said…
You are your daughter are just adorable. :) You really layer a lot for the cold! I always seem to overdress and end up sweating my butt off. :)
Great pictures.

Way to get out and embrass the cold! I love running in the winter. It's great to see the world in a different way!!

Keep it up!
Amy said…
Looks great, Ruthie! I still pick up my two youngest kids all the time, it won't be long before they will be able to pick me up (my oldest can already). I am dreading getting out in the cold weather, I haven't run outside since I got back from California, I am too scared!! But since we are signed up for a race at the end of December I am going to have to bite the bullet and just do it. Did you get snow this week? My mom did, up in DFW.
Kel said…
Way to go, Ruthie! Isn't running in the cold fun? :)
Unknown said…
youre amazing!!!!! Baby Brooks and I bundled up yesterday and went for about a mile walk in 19 degree weather! gearing up to start running again in january after almost an entire year off!!!
Anonymous said…
I love your pics! I give piggy bag rides for my kids sometimes. my 13 yo daughter is nearly as tall as me..and she likes to jump on my back..of course have to try a squat..but her legs are too long!
i am sorry i am not a runner. but, love reading about you running! you continue to inspire!!
Josha said…
Fun post!!! Next time you go out in the cold, wear your daughter! She looks warm.
Ruthie said…
HA Josha.. good idea :)