8 mile plan (UPDATE)

well.. I wanted to take my new shoes out for a run this morning.. but I will admit I let the 27 degree weather this morning keep me in ...I should never look to tomorrow cause tomorrow its in the 50s! so my plan was to run tomorrow ......but now that I am up .. have had breakfast and been cleaning house for a while I am feeling like I really want to go run..

we are having a big party at our small house tonight :) 20 kids coming over for homemade pizza, games and movie :) .. its gonna be fun ........if I can get all my stuff done (make 6 pizzas) then i will go for a run before they all come over :) dont know if i will have time for 8 miler but will do atleast 2 then run the 8 tomorrow :)

until later... here is a post I did for my 13.1 group (we are up to 5 ladies... hoping for the 6th to decided YES too :) ......Inspiring story of a lady with MS who walks marathons and two good videos about how to dress for cold weather exercise :)

later
r

UPDATE:

Cooked from 2 until 5ish... (homemade pizza ... dough and everything!)... I made 5 pizzas and two bread sticks.... The kids arrived around 4.... we ate, played a dice game where they have to draw a snow man depending on what die they rolled.. then we played christmas and winter themed charades, then frosty the snowman, twas the night before christmas and POPCORN with the Increadables :) So fun to have 21 kids sprawled out all over our little living room floor! LOVED IT! :) BUT. no run today :)

its ok.. I am carbed up and looking forward to running tomorrow :)

Comments

Sarah said…
20 kids at your house?? You are a very brave lady! It is snowing here today, but supposed to be sunny and 38 tomorrow...I decided to wait til tomorrow for my long run too. :)
Amy said…
That was my reaction, too - you are courageous to have 20 kids over and make pizza for them all! No wonder you didn't get your run in - hope you get to do it today!
Jill said…
Checking in with you...
20 kids - wow. You deserve an entire fleet of medals!
It's snowing and 12 degrees in Denver right now. Gonna go and find how many layers I can get on. ugh.
Good luck with your "warmer" run :).
Ruthie said…
HA.. well you must understand.. I was a hall director for 9 years. I watched over 200 girls a year. We would have hall parties (with up to 40 per hall) and I would cook for them, etc.... so to me.. 20 kids is nothing :) hehehe :)
The kids were all GREAT age ranged from 4 to 15 :) of course we ended up staying up way to late :) Cant wait to do it again :)