8 miler done but not without a fight



wow.. THAT was tough...but it feels so good to be finished!

yes... i did it.

I think the problem started last night with pizza and doritos (its been probably a year since i had a dorito!) ... and no breakfast this morning cause we were running late for worship didnt help any either.

I drank some OJ and ate a piece of bread and headed out the door...

2 blocks down.. I turned around.... BUT THEN I TURNED AROUND AGAIN and kept going...
it was sooooooooo windy .... URGH>.. just wanted to not to this in the wind...

I did 2 miles and just had no energy... I forced myself to do 2 more. ... and I did.

So with 4 miles down I just couldnt see with how I was feeling that I could do another 4 ... so I headed home..... I grabbed a glass of water and a few handfuls of honey oats and got my computer set up so i could watch the biggest loser while I walked on the treadmill.

I did 2 miles running on the mill and then my lack of energy hit again.. so i paused.. got some MORE water and ate a 3 vanilla wafers and got back on ...

Dispite NO energy and really wanting to just give up I kept going...

Lesson learned.

I must eat to run. But I must EAT HEALTHY to run. Yesterday was pretty much a free day.. and I paid for it today.


So.. EIGHT miles done... it wasnt pretty but I got those miles in :) and I feel sooo good!
the new shoes felt pretty good too... (dont they look tired too????)


GOOD NEWS on the couch to half group i started... we are up to 8 gals! :) woowhooo!
wanna join us?

Comments

Josha said…
Oh, girl! It is cold! Wind is killer. I got out in it too! 4 miles for me which was the plan.