habits... and my plan today (UPDATE)

I have been having a bit of allergy issues the last two days.. no fever or anything just a bit of drainage that makes me sound like I smoke a 2 pack of cigs everyday LOL... yesterday i was feeling "worse" around three oclock ... i was a bit worried.... then at supper last night I realized I had been drinking DECAF tea all day LOL... I am such the dingbat sometimes :)

feeling good today and my voice is on the comeback :)

I have track pactice at noon.... then about 115 i will head out for my run.. planning on 4 miles :).. it cold (in the 40s) but NO WIND and beautiful out! I cant wait to get out there! :)

I have been doing great still on no sugar... but its funny the things that "trigger" us... I had a few episodes yesterday where those durn M&Ms were calling my name... but I made myself get fruit instead :) .... all a part of the emotions of eating.... feels good to be breaking yet another one of those habits.

I STILL want something sweet after my supper... but now instead of ice cream( like years ago) or a few M&Ms and almonds (like a few weeks ago)... I am reaching for strawberries and blueberries, or grapes.. ... apple :)
Its funny how my taste buds have already changed... I never knew strawberries were so sweet! and the blueberries too! ... My ultra sweet tooth is calming down and I am tasting fruits for the first time!
No wonder in the 1800s and early 1900s kids were so happy when they got an orange for Christmas! not anymore...

UPDATE

Just finished a 4 mile run in AMAZING weather! ... 57 degrees.. NO WIND. sunny! I started with a jacket and pants and came home like this:
I thought it would be neat to compare todays photo with one from September below:


before I ran my 4 miles.. I helped at track practice.. I ran half a mile and then ran 2 100 meter dashes... this was because we were doing relays and needed to even a team out... nothing like a few sprints to get you warmed up for a long run LOL ...

more later!
r

Comments

Josha said…
Don't tell me you are turning into a cold weather runner!! My kindred spirit!
You are looking great, too. Love the shorties. Muscles there, girl.