5k update :)

I am feeling great today :) just a bit of soreness yesterday but ran that off during the kids cc meet! :)( as I helped warm the kids up and get stretched and then ran all over the course encouraging them to go faster:)

so proud of my kids!  they all ran a mile.. Cat came in 17th of 85 kids (she is in 7th grade and ran against 7 and 8th grade combined :) our  girls jr high team came in 3rd place :) and we only had 7 on our team 3 are in 7th grade.. and 1 is in 5th grade, and two girls are 6 and one is 4!!! :)
whats so cool about Cat place is that at  her first cc meet last year she ran against 90something girls and came in 63rd!.. so she is really really improving!
the boys did great too! their team came in 1st for jr high boys (and only ONE of the boys on our team is in jr high:) woowhoo!


The kids and I are joining in on the fun of a 5K that is to raise money for a family from our Church who needs help with medical bills :) ... I hope to find my camera so i can take pictures :)

I am really looking forward to this taper :) a nice easy ten mile run sounds GREAT! for this weekend :) (thats crazy isnt it?)

All for now.. I am still awaiting Josha's race report! She completed a 12 mile mountain run! :) GO JOSHA!!! :)

UPDATE!
Josha posted her race report and i was able to read it before I left this morning :) Way to go JOSHA! so cool


the 5k was great. I ran with Nate (my 8 year old) we finished in 37something ... When I finished I then ran from the finish line backwards to find my other son Jo and ran the last mile or so with him .. My daughter finished well ahead of us with a 20 something time :) The race was a fundraiser and it was great to see how many people came out to walk and run it :) over 200 people I think :)

I forgot my camera.. but hope to get some pictures from friends at church :) will post them when I get them :)

Comments