Wednesdays Workout

Yesterday at track practice the kids ran sprints. Two of the highschool girls said "Ms Ruthie, why aren't you running with us? We want to see you run sprints!" (haha).... I told them I use to run sprints all the time before I started training for this marathon. :)

So ... this morning I left the house about 6:15 and knew I would only have time for one lap around campus.... so I ran from my house to the corner to warm up and then decided to time myself in the mile. .. just to see how fast I could do it. About half way I paused my watch and had to stretch but it was just for a minute, then I pushed my watch again and ran as fast as I could. At then end I thought I was going to have my legs buckle under me! I was exchausted. I gave it everything I could. 7:05 was my time. I do know that is NOT like running a whole mile cause I did stop and stretched...(even though I stopped my watch)... . but I ran faster than I have since I was a kid!.. Next Wednesday I will do it again.. but next time I make sure and warm up just a bit more and stretch before hand :) ....

After my timed mile.. I ran-walked home to get the kids for track. So only 2 miles today plus a bit of jogging with the kids at track practice. Tomorrow Co-op starts.. so I am planning my next run for Friday morning, i MIGHT do my 10 miles then instead of waiting until Saturday.. but will wait and see.

OH.. just so things wouldnt be easy.. and just to make me feel a tad uncomfortable with only a few weeks to go til my marathon... I STEPPED IN A HOLE at the end of track practice this morning :( stupid ground squirrels. my right foot-ankle IS sore but I think it will be ok.... (urgh)

Comments

Josha said…
Fun to spontaneously run/time your fast mile! It'll be fun to try to break your record!
Nazi squirrels. They're trying to take over. Don't let them do it!
:)
Stacey said…
You can always ice your ankle with frozen veggies like Marlene over at "Mission to (a)nother marathon" Hope it feels better. Darn squirrels! ( :
Nicole said…
That sounds ideal having a high school track to keep track of your miles and speed!

And I think I'm in better shape than when I was in my twenties too.
Josha said…
how's that ankle?