AHHHHHHHH!

ITS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!

wow... that  makes me feel soooo much better!

woke up feeling not so hot at 530am ... i was like GREAT. this has GOT to stop!

so i went back to bed. and I must admit i was disappointed. I was hoping for a wonderful run this morning. I needed it... not just physically but mentally and spiritually.

fast forward through a day of homeschooling and house work.. plus hour and half track practice.
after track I came home and finished making supper and changed to my "newer" running shoes and headed out the door. Leaving my kids and hubby to eat without me ... but i was happpppy.... yeah.. i was getting to run!

I wanted to try for 6 miles. but knew after so many days off AND a bit of a cough i should take it easy.
At mile 2 i decided 4 should be enough.. so i pushed my last mile running hard but with 2 breaks... and finished strong.

OH MY I feel GREAT! I am soo happy, relaxed and feel like I dropped 20lbs. (you know how you KNOW you havent lost an ounce.... well.. ok.. maybe on ounce of water weight.. but you know what I mean.... and after you run you feel like you totally lost 20lbs...).. its not physical .. its MENTAL.

so mental.

AHHHHHHHH.

just love it.

Side notes:

I cooked THIS today... and the family LOVED it... never done it in the oven and it was GREAT!

I dont know how I came across THIS.. and THIS but it reminded me of Josha.. my runs in the Mountains with her and ... dreaming about running 50 on my 50 bday!

And I looked back a year at THIS ..heres a quote from it:
"but.. yet again.. this is something that i must gather the nerve up to muster through without baling out into a bowl of ice cream or turning into a couch potato. Fitness is my lifestyle now...
This is just not what i had envisioned my last month before turning 40 to look like. All this work.. all the years of training, goal setting and wanting to feel the be "i really did it!" cause i can run a marathon.... it's all shot down... and i sit here in the fact that life is full of kinks in the road and that plans mostly never turn out the way we envision them....

but..
I will continue to press on ... to not give up.. and to focus on what i can do.. not what i cant.. and i know someday... sooner or later.... I will be running joyfully again."



What a difference a year makes :)

And I leave my post happy, relaxed and thankful for my day.. how far I have come and looking forward to what is next!

AHHHHHHH
"life is ALWAYS better after a good run"

Comments

Sarah said…
Awesome! It is great to be able to get right back to it and feel good. Hope you continue to feel better!
Josha said…
LOL..
It IS a breath of fresh air.
And an instant confidence booster! I'm so glad you are feeling better!!
Josha said…
wondering if you're still feeling better...