Apprehensive -------New Challenge :)

to say I am apprehensive about that 20 miler tomorrow would be an understatement. ... I am finding that all my thoughts today are focused on what I need to do to get things in order for tomorrow. And if i sit and think about it long enough i will tear up. Its so far, Its so huge, Its so crazy, what am I thinking!

heres what I am thinking needs to be done:
go to academy and buy 1. a runners cap (dad gum it.. i have wanted one for EVER so i am going to run 20 miles.. i WANT a runners cap!) 2. a runner shirt with NO sleeves please (i have ISSUES with sleeves after about 4 miles.... tired of stickin them under my bra straps) .....[i found the perfect cap AND two running shirts!.. the hat was 19bucks.. on sale.... but  more than i wanted to spend.. but i will use it for YEARS ... so its worth the $.. one running shirt 4 bucks (on great sale) and the other 12 bucks!).... woowhoo!



get the chores done really good tonight so the house will be clean when I get home
iron DHs clothes for work today instead of tomorrow morning
get water bottles ready and in the fridge
favorite socks
favorite tunes (try to get a new play list together cause I am tired of the list i have :(
lay everything out
get nutrition bars and maybe granola to take with me
trying to eat lots of carbs tonight... esp oatmeal before bed :)
try to get to bed super early (9pm) since i will be getting up at 345am or 4 !!! yikes


and trying to just not think about how far.. thinking about how long in hours instead.... i have spent 3 hours at the mall shopping before :), 6 hours at 6 flags walking for EVER, so i think i can do 4 hours of jogging-walking.

-------------New Challenge!------------

ok.  I have already decided my next set of goals :)

one of them is to get on the "Eat Clean Plan" which i will begin next week as I begin my taper... I want to focus on clean eating to get my body ready for the challenge that lies ahead (on the 26th)... I will set mini goals for the eat clean plan but will share those at a later date :)




Ruthie's Wedding Dress Challenge
Here is how it works. 

  • Find your wedding dress (mine is at my moms house)
  • Gather up the courage to try and slip that dress on! 
  • Rate yourself on the Wedding Dress Challenge Scale: (1) can get past my calves (2) can get up past my thighs (3) can get past my thighs AND arms fit in sleeves. (4) can do all the above but cannot zip it! (5) can zip it .. but its TIGHT!

  • Take a PICTURE.. YES.. I said a PICTURE with you in your wedding dress from the front, back and side views

  • Decided on the date to accomplish your goal of getting back in that dress! Where it zips up and is comfy!  (my date will be June 1, 2010) Our 20th wedding anniversary is on the 9th.

  • Take an after picture of you in the wedding dress :) and celebrate your fit self :) 
 
You can choose a different dress if you wish.. a prom dress? or a nice cocktail dress or other fancy dress from years ago :) you pick :) 
 

This challenge can begin when you decide.. the most important thing is to pick and end date. I will begin my wedding dress challenge on October 1st. :)

Please note... I will have other smaller goals and challenges I will be working on during this same time... the Wedding Dress Challenge is just the BIG goal! ... I will have to have a lot of small goals to get me to the big one :)


ok.. all for now... I need to run to the store to get my nutritional stuff ready for tomorrow... :)

as a side note----if you have not read "ultra marathon man" its GREAT! I am half way through and have loved it! (see his link on my side bar)
 

Comments

tracey said…
Ruthie, I'm so impressed with you. I love the cap, btw, very cute! Hope tomorrow goes well. I haven't tried on my dress since I wore it over seven years ago...I've wondered how it would fit. Hmm...
JRo said…
First of all, you can do this! You are amazing, and you should know that!

Second, my favorite running shirt is from Nike, it is their DriFit. I get mine at Marshalls or Ross. $10 is the most I have spent on one. I have 10 of them, I like them that much! They have long sleeved, short sleeved (which honestly are not annoying) and sleeveless. Great colors too!

Third, I am totally thinking about doing a challenge from Tosca's forum. You got me thinking about her forum so I signed up. Are you on there?
Kristie said…
Ruthie, you are such an inspiration to me! I am really scared to even think about pulling my size 6 wedding dress out of the box! It's been a LONG time!