Family Race Report :) (UPDATE)xs2

a few more pictures :) thanks Sarah! these are great!



Look at my baby flying!
UPDATE
Catherine F 9-12 00:31:24
Ruthie F 40-49 00:31:25
I LOVE THIS! the results came out on line... and i LOVE the one second difference between Cat and I.. whats even cooler. is that we could both have done better .. but Cat's stomach started hurting with about a mile left to go...so she ran through the pain and we finished together :) We are going to have to get her up about 3 hours before a race and get her to eat a meal :) ..
Looking forward to our next 5k together :) and i am sure she will beat me again :)


What a GREAT way to spend a Saturday morning! Up before the sun! all smiles and ready to go!



cat and I before the race :)
The boys ran the 1.5
Jo finishing strong!
Nate finishing strong too :)

Above is Cat going through after her first lap.. just one more to go!

Here Cat (in the blue) and I am behind her in the white shirt with back running skirt :) PLEASE NOTE THE SHIRT I AM WEARING JOSHA! I love my shirt you made me :)



A few things that were really cool..
  • We think nate finished 3rd in his race (we are still waiting on the official results to be posted)
  • There were a group of guys there with green t-shirts on that had the print on them to look like a tux. They made an announcement before the 5k started "anyone here getting married tonight?" and sure enough it was a groom and i think his groomsman.. pretty neat :)
  • my hip didnt hurt! :)
looking forward to the next race :) (this is only my second ever race.. last one being when i was pregnant with nate almost 8 years ago ... 5k races are so fun!

Comments

Anonymous said…
love the pics! so much fun to share your life with us. never give up!! you are doing great! this is a lifelong journey we are on!
Josha said…
I'm so happy that your wore the shirt!! You look so cute in it, and I knew those little sleevies would show off your muscular arms! You all look happy and healthy and I wish I could have been there!
JRo said…
Your children are beautiful!

I cannot believe you have only run two races... I LOVE to run races. One of the few things I do by myself, for myself! Do more, do more! (if you run on in Dallas or Ft. Worth, Laura and I will run the race with you! ;) hehe!)