13.1 DONE!!!! Updated

Lacing up those shoes

ready to gooooo!


I stayed up late last night.... and the dog woke me up 3 times (urgh)... so when I finally got up about 845 this morning I wasn't too sure about it all... I did know that I really really wanted to have this half checked off my list so I could move on to new things :) My shins and calves were a tad sore too from yesterdays workout..... but I decided to ignore that :)

The weather was PERFECT.. about 45degrees when I started.. a gentle breeze and foggy! It was so humid and I LOVED IT!!! ... I saw Coach Art at mile 4 and 6 .. that was encouraging :).. and I saw a few of the ladies who are in my half marathon group... that was cool too!!!! :)

I ran ... RAN 10 miles with just 2 short walking breaks ... for a total of about 6 min with walking in the first ten miles! I have never run that far in my life without walking that little so i was soooo happy! ... I felt really really good the first 10 miles. 11 miles... as always.. I started to get tired. ... the last 3 miles was filled with running and walking running and walking. I really really wanted to finish in under 2 hours but just couldnt find the motivation to push harder at the end.

I finished in 2 hours 2 mins.
I am happy with that time ... its 25 mins faster than my July 4th 09 half time :)


My legs are tired, I am hungry, but I am soooooo happy I finally managed to accomplish this goal :)

Now... what to do next?

OH.. and I enjoyed listening to The Extra Mile Podcast today on the first half of my run. I really really enjoyed it. I might become more of a fan of podcast runs than music runs... although crazy frog music did help at the end :)


OH.. and you can read my latest article on HHWClub HERE
Here's a bit of it
"Running for some is just about burning calories to stay in that perfect dress size. At first most women would say the goal of a fitness routine is solely to loose weight. But running for me is so much more than that. Running is:
  • Running is peace. A stress relief. A trip to a land of mediation and relaxation. Running is where I solve my inner most problems, plan my future, and talk with God. It is a spiritual, physical and mental exercise. When I run I laugh and I cry.
  • Running is a metaphor for life. Running teaches you patience, persistence, determination. It builds you up and humbles you at the same time.
  • Running develops confidence that..."

Comments

Anne said…
You can do it!
Sarah said…
Awesome!!!!
Amanda said…
Yay way to GOOOO!!! :)
Lalla said…
So proud for you....Great time!!! My best time was 2:07 and I ran the whole way! You must be fast! I ran 7 today...so I feel like I am half way there! The miles are getting longer and the "out of body experience" is approaching. You know where you have to ignore those nicks and nacks of running for long periods of time and rely on determination! Way to go...what a great accomplishment!
RunKathyRun said…
Congratulations on your 13.1; your finish time is awesome. I found you through Anne at Asthma and the Gift of Running; I am in my late 40's and made the commitment to running and a healthier lifestyle just after I turned 40. You rock!
Amy said…
Great job! You have incredible perserverence!
Unknown said…
youre awesome!!!! keep it up!
Josha said…
Yay!!!!!! A PR!!! So exciting!