Tummy trouble & HFCS:mercury

I was up last night with Nate but also with my own tummy issues... It seems the 'cleaner' i eat the more drastic my stomach reacts when i deviate from my normal diet. I am amazed what 12 little animal crackers can do to my digestive system. 2 hours of tummy trouble is no fun.

I am very happy though to announce today is officially 2 months with NO Sodas :) During and after the Flu I craved cokes like crazy.. but i didnt give in to the urge to drink them :) Funny how when we start feeling bad the old cravings come back.

Since i was up late last night i started looking on the internet at Vegsource.com and contemplating my next plan of action as far as diet goes. I am def tired of having tummy aches and low-fluctuating energy levels.. .. I have begin to think i am lactose intolerant.. and of course still have issues with sugar .. although now that the cokes are out of my life that seems to be much better :) I have also come to a point where saying NO to cakes, blizzards, and candy are much easier than they use to be. No is the norm these days.. which is grand!

I found this article about High Fructose Corn Syrup... which is ironic since over the last month or so I have seen more that one commercial about the benefits fo HFCS.
"MONDAY, Jan. 26 (HealthDay News) -- Almost half of tested samples of commercial high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) contained mercury, which was also found in nearly a third of 55 popular brand-name food and.."

Here are two of the commercials. There are LOTS of reasons not to put HFCS in your body.. (which is a hard thing to do these days cause its in EVERYTHING!) .. .. Now we can add Mercury to the list :)





ok.. so i am researching and looking forward to the next "phase" of getting my diet healthy... I am def going to be adding more fruits and veggies ... and think doing a fruits and veggies every meal exept supper is a nice thought (baby steps you know)... .. I did this once before.. even with the kids and they loved it :) .... the hardest part for me will be no bread. (which shouldnt be that hard anymore cause guess what most store breads have in them? HFCS! yes you guessed right)

I guess it comes down to how I want to feel.. and how the food i put in this old body reacts .... i am tired of tummy trouble and want to take more steps to being rid of those late night pains for good.

i will be painting most of the day today... check back later and see if i got a bit of excersise in :)

Comments

JRo said…
Laura and I just need to convert you to green smoothies. MAN have they changed my life! We have many a convert! It will get LOADS of greens and fruit and even some healthy fats into your diet, and DELISH too!
JRo said…
Oh, and Ezekiel bread does not have HFCS in it! :) And apparently sprouted grains do not have all the tummy issues and other problems that regular bread has. It is pretty hearty though... I will warn you of that!