weather, friends, paper, and workouts (UPDATE)

wednesday was to be upper body... but i missed. It was a busy day.... so i ended up deciding to do upper body on thursday with my run.
Thursday was coop day... we went to track practice last night but practice was not running.. it was to watch the college level track meet at the stadium we train at everyday. We got to see the 800 meter, 100 meter dash, 4 by 400 relay, 3000 meter, and lots of field events. It was great fun. I did, however, end up taking my kids and two other gals from the team on a run around campus... so we at least got 2 miles in yesterday despite the meet. All this track watching meant i didnt get home until after 8.. had to cook supper etc... so.. i didnt do upper body yesterday either.

Today at noon i am meeting a photographer from the local newspaper who is coming to take pictures of me training for my half marathon. They are writing a article on running and people training for a race and i was interviewed for the article. Its a bit wierd to think of myself being in the paper.. esp on the topic of running :) but it will be fun to see how it all turns out :)

I cant believe the weather (well .. i can).. I have lived here long enough to know we always have a cold snap before we can get truly excited about spring. Yesterday it was 80 here.. tonight the low is 32 with a change of snowy icy stuff... crazy! .. all this to say its gona be cold on Saturday so i might move my long run to Sunday... or do it on the tread mill .

what a awesome week we have had.. do you remember my friend who was in China .. we ran a virtual 5k together? .. well.. she and her husband came for a wonderful visit! yes! here at my house! .. It was so great to see them.. and we did stay up WAY to late talking :).. but what great memories! so special!

ok..
so .. my plan is to run at least 40 mins today and try to get a bit of upper body in ......
i have art private lessons and friday night art class tonight i am teaching in my home so things might get out of wack.. but i will do my best :)
will post after i run :)

blessings
R

UPDATE:
Ok.. its like BURRRRRABIT here now.. I am hoping its our last cold snap.. :) I wanted to post what i did today
I went to the track at noon for the kids to have track practice.. YES.. we all ran in 43 degree weather with the wind blowing 30 mph! .. the kids did a mile then did sprints and headed inside for what i would call calisthenics...
I dressed in layers.. including my black running leggins, with my running skirt over that.. my thermal top with a shirt over that and a jacket.. once i started running i was nice and warm except for my hands and head :) ... the photographer did show up and i think surprised we were all out.. he was very nice.. but it sure was strange knowing he was taking pictures of me as i ran! wierd.
I did 2 miles and called it enough cause the wind was brutal on the far side of the track.. i then headed inside and did all the calisthenics with the kids and coach :)
No upper body today.. unless you consider holding up a bathroom vent-light .. over my head for minutes on end while my dh did the wiring etc.. a workout.. i guess it is on the biggest looser.. so can i count it?

I will prob wait until sunday to do my long run .. depends on how much it warms up tomorrow and if the wind is blowing :) ...

been a good but busy day... track, art privite lesson and 3 hours art class tonight.. all went great.. but i need to sleep :)

nighty night :)
r

Comments

JRo said…
Oh wow! What running skirt are you going to wear? Remember to have good running form! So exciting. You will have to post a link to the article!

I LOVED watching track meets... it is a wonderful, organized frenzy!

How fun to reconnect with dear friends... have a wonderful week!
Sarah said…
I did laugh about the photographer coming today, of all days -- and knowing you would have MUCH rather been cozy inside running on your treadmill today! :-)

The article will be out on Tuesday, Ruth sounds like the focused, inspirational goddess that she is! :-)I'll email you a link when it's posted.