Getting serious again

OK gals.
I know it takes a while to get back at it.. but i am officially fet up with myself :) LOL
I am thrilled i am getting my workouts in ... but.. what has changed... what is different NOW than a year ago..? or less than a year ago? I know what works. I know what it feels like to be fit, confident, strong, and no aches and pains :) I remember what it feels like to be able to run for miles and miles and feel GREAT and LOVE every minute.

I have been fighting myself... still.. i know.. I have made progress.. dont get me wrong.. but I have done some things to get me off track. Here are some things that are going to change.. right now.. tonight..
  1. I use to get up first thing in the morning and workout.. it was a habit.. it was just something i did like brushing my teeth before bed.. so. starting tomorrow morning.. My workout is done as the kids eat breakfast .. like it use to be done. It will be finished. Done. Out of the way for the day.
  2. I USE to drink water like it was.. well.. water. I have been doing better on this.. but tomorrow is a new day for water intake :) Focusing on water WITH ME everywhere i go like i use to do.
  3. I will start from the beginning of the half marathon training. I will be completing a 14 week program that i did last year.. out of Marathoning for Mortals. Tomorrow will be a 35 min run on the treadmill. ( I think my foot has issues cause i started out too much too soon) and didnt have a focused plan.
  4. I get to bed at a decent hour :) (by 11pm) like i use to.
  5. I will let it, like it USE to be.. be about the training.. about accomplishing the task of being fit of finishing a half marathon because its what i LOVE to do.. instead of being about how much I weigh or how tight my pants are :) To love the ACT of running and lifting weights to have it become a habit because I LOVE it .. thats my goal.


I will believe that I WILL get fit, strong, and lean.. Letting the past motivate my future.

IN 14 weeks I WILL be lean like the photos below from last June. (although I will have more muscle because I will be lifting weights tooooo :)



Progress..
Loving it..
no excuses...
because it makes me feel better..

to be healthy, fit and strong..
NOT to be perfect.

Comments

JRo said…
Smart to take it slow with the foot and running. That is why I have been running since MAY for this half. I went too fast too soon last year and did not get to run!

I need to write a post like this one.. thanks for the inspiration!
Josha said…
yes, thanks for the inspiration. run because you CAN! I added the country song, "You're Gonna Miss This" to the end of my ipod run list, and I love when it comes on because I have 2 dear family members who do miss being able to even walk sometimes, certainly not run. One day, I'm gonna miss this.