Home and other stuff

Ah..
so very nice to be home. I learned a few things while traveling. I love road trips, I missed my life :)
It was strange to be in places where we didnt know anyone. It was GREAT to see my kids be together so much and having so much fun! :) It was frustrating to no be able to eat what I "wanted". Gluten free transition is more emotional than I thought it would be and again I am finding emotional and psychological addictions I am needing to break away from.

This gluten free thing, as frustrating as it is for me is something I am determined to do. I have lived most my life with stomach aches. Traveling in the past was a dreadful experience because of my stomach aches.  But to go to a Dairy Queen when traveling and having to buy tacos instead of a burger?? That's just not right LOL.  But to get in the car after eating and not having to rush to find a bathroom 45 mins to 2 hours later is NICE :)

So, here I am trying to live a mostly sugar free and gluten free lifestyle. To say to me "no more sugar" and remember the months and months of transition it took, and looking to another year of nutritional transition is a bit exhausting to think about.

Now, I know I know... I know there are many  many gluten free products out there.... and I know I will not have to live without bread....... what I am saying here is that this is yet another adjustment I must make... Having to relearn how to shop, and to live constantly aware that there are sooooo many things I simply cannot eat.

But again.. its a choice.. just like it was with sugar... to feel good or not. :)

Its been over 2 weeks since my last run... I plan on going this afternoon when the temps get up to the 50s but the downside is that the wind will be 20mph :(.... but i am determined to get out there and run.

Here is an example of how I ate while in Flagstaff.. the family wanted pizza... I can't have pizza so I had a salad and ate the toppings only off the pizza :) ...
I have plans for the  next few weeks... and more for 2011.... and will share those later this week :)

Comments

JRo said…
I SOOOOO feel ya! Try eating at McDonalds.. I used to just order my son the burger and take off the bun. That was the best I came up with for kid food. BUT I found a lot of places I already liked, that had options like corn tortillas, which I like better anyway!

It has been 2 years since I gave up cokes for good. I still sometimes hit a drive thru and start to ask for a Dr Pepper with my meal, just because I did that for 20+ years! haha. Now though, I stop before it is all the way out of my mouth and non emotionally switch it to unsweetened tea. Now if I could just stop hitting the drive thru all together! ha! Another battle for another month, or year. *grin*