Bread.

on the way "home" from the grocery store with fruit and some gluten free bread products in my pack :)


Oh how I have missed bread.


You see I am someone who use to eat a whole loaf of garlic bread by myself on my "free day" when I did body for life. Yummy buttery bread. I have missed you.

Since doing the gluten free thing I have avoided buying bread. Mainly because all I could find was 7 dollars a loaf! and that was a mini loaf :( . It just seemed too pricey. I would just not eat it.

Its been almost 3 weeks since my last peice of ''real" bread. I have had moments (brief) of missing it. Lately, on our trip I have been missing it a lot. mostly cause we are doing sandwiches for lunch every day. Everyone else has bread and I have lettuce wraps.  In reality I cannot see living my whole life without bread. I have gluten free bread mix at home... but I didnt make it before we left on vacation.

so today. We went for a walk I needed to get some fruit for us and I wanted to see if I could find gluten free bread. Ralphs (here in san diego) had only one brand.. so I didnt have much choice.
I bought a loaf of bread (5.99) some english muffins :) and a package of gluten free choc chip cookie mix. :) I cannot remember the last time I had a cookie. REEEEALY craving a cookie!

I am happy to report the "brown rice loaf" was good. It hit the spot and I loved the texture and taste :)

Want some?????


I havent gone for a run since I have been on vacation. I miss it... BUT all the hiking and walking (5 hours yesterday and 1.5 so far today) is keeping me feeling ok about my fitness. :)

Comments

Beth Daugherity said…
Ruthie, when you get back, holler at me and we will make some YUMMY GF bread! I made 2 loaves last night and they are AWESOME! And full of fiber - LOL.

You Rock! I hope you are having a great vacation!

:)