12 Days of Christmas Challenge: 3 French Hens

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
In our verse today the 3 French Hens refers to Faith, Hope and Charity. 


Spiritual
We have one scripture for today.... 1 Corinthians 13: 1-8
This is from The Message

The Way of Love
 1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

   Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end. 


Nutrition
How often do we put more pressure on ourselves than we would others? From the scripture above take a few moments and reflect on how it can help you with your nutrition. With Nutrition we should try to focus on moving forward, always looking for the best, and never gives up! 

Today your nutrition challenge will be to think of ways you can move forward, making choices today that are the BEST for your body, mind and spirit, and never giving up! 

Physical

For our physical challenge, try focusing on HOPE. Do you ever get discouraged when it comes to your workouts? Today focus on finding music, scripture or a video that will inspire you, then get that ipod and get busy.  Try 3 sets of 10 sit ups followed by 3 sets of 10 push ups.  Remember to make modifications as needed and remember that with every workout your strength and endurance will increase! 

Here is some inspiration as you get your push ups and sit ups going :)

 

Comments