Rupdate: feel the burn (lung burn that is)

Thats short for RUN UPDATE :)

Just back from a 2.24 miler.....OMGOOODNESSS I have lost soooo much endurance in only 2 weeks. I havent felt lungs burnin like that in YEARS... I mean Y E A R S .
wowzer.
The choice to not run while on vacation was a good one mentally and while I think it will be a good one physically... today sure didnt feel like it. What taking a break does to a runner is to really push ya back a bit doesnt it? wether its by choice or by injury... that "starting over" feeling is something that puts a fire in my hat. Gets my brain a going... takes me up a notch to be more determined and more fired up to get back what I lost plus some.

I gave nike+ gps for iphone app for a try today (hubby gave me iphone as early Christmas gift) ... It worked GREAT! I loved no sensor to mess with... it works with GPS and I can run anywhere and it will map it out on my phone afterwards i can post it to fb or twitter (not on twitter) and also  join in on the nike+ website. I love being able to track my runs again. :)I am going to do the nike+ website thingie and see if it has a mini for my blog again :) that was fun last time I had one :)

The mental side of missing 2 weeks of runs/workouts does a number on me. That "I feel fat" and "out of shape" mentality sinks in. Its interesting how much running helps me mentally... destress, feel confident and self assured and not be as critical of my body. I mean come on if I ran 5 miles one day who cares if I have a bit of baby belly skin.... I RAN 5 MILES today! :) see...

It feels sooooo good to be back at it. I plan on 13.1 in a few months (2 actually) so this photo will be my official "starting over" photo for the half training. :)

now, excuse me as I go do some sit ups :) and then try and conquere the piles of laundry left over from our trip....

thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Josha said…
oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!
you're back you're back you're back!
The Warrior Suz said…
it's time! vacations are good all around. but now it's time to get back at it! it does feel good!