I need a run vacation update

wow.. this is the longest i have gone without a workout since I had issues with my back almost 2 years ago!
Vacation has been good but wozer i miss my running.

we have done a LOT of walking ... about 5 hours of walking yesterday in vegas... and the day before lots of walking at the beach in La Jolla (mission beach)... but walking isnt the same when you are a runner.

Its been a good break mentally and physically i guess... the desire to get back to my non-vacation life :)

we go to the grand canyon tomorrow then a 12 hour drive to New Mexico... and home this weekend :)

Oh man..
eating has been mostly good. I did give in to a realllly good hamburger at this joint when we were in San Diego. "it will be ok" Just have the burger... the buns were so gooooood... bakery fresh... awesome burger............ but... it was the wrong decision. Stomach ache galore. HATED it. So frustrating.

good news is... since then and only then no more tummy aches.... this transition to gluten free hasnt been easy... but its another choice.....STOMACH ACHE? OR FEEL GOOD? . simple as that.


my happy gluten free lunch

the size cokes should all be. I sipped on this sucker for 3 hours! and still didnt drink it all :) Liquid candy.

the strip last night.... vegas isnt the place for us. I was surprised by many things.... (will post later on that :)

Vegas  "its Sugar" display at one of the hotels. Yes.. that is the statue of Liberty in jelly beans. lots of people cant resist this sugar splurge.


Comments

The Warrior Suz said…
Loved seeing your pics on facebook.
A break is good. It will get that fire going again in the belly for all that you are.
Ruthie, here is my new blog link:
http://thewarriorsuz.blogspot.com/