Finally a bit of time

What a crazy few weeks I have had around here.... good news is some things are finishing up and will leave me more time to blog and coach and educate my kids and clean  house and organize and .. and.. and...

Let me do a short recap:

1st I COMPLETED ANOTHER HALF MARATHON!!!
I did this while pacing 2 gals I have been training over the past few months. They did GREAT. What joy it was! Julietta finished in 3hr 4 mins and Joelle finished just shy of 3:15. Both had major improvements in strength and i am so very proud of them!
What a blessing they have been to me!

Both are still in training and will complete another 13.1 miles on July 4th... during the "freedom half" which is also the Race to Rescue event. We hope to raise funds for Rescue Her... an organization that helps free women and children from slavery in India and Columbia.


http://rescueher.org/



On the "life" side of things... I have almost finished up my responsibilities I had for a local homeschool board and this Thursday will be my last day to teach at the Co-op. Taking a few things off my plate I hope to have more time to focus and develop my  nutrition and athletic coaching.

On the eats side of things I have doing pretty well. I have been reading and researching (not as much as I want too) about what to do about the full marathon i want to run on July 4th. I am contemplating doing it a day early (on july 3) so I can do the half on july 4th. This means I would do a full one day and a half the next. Hum. Call me crazy. I have lots more reading and questions to ask of people who are raw runners but for now I am happily trying to stick with 80% raw until I make a decision.. prob within the next few days as to either stay 80% or try something like the Daniel Fast Diet. So far I am leaning toward 80% raw and if I do eat cooked it will be from recipes via the Daniel Fast.

I am still loving my vitamix... I use it many many times a day. and LOVE it. The kids LOVE the smoothies and now that is pretty much what they ask for everday for breakfast!! No more cereal or eggs n toast :) ......

 The hubby has been taking smoothies to work for lunch! Today at walmart we found this cool lunch bag that was regularly 8bucks for $1! ... We have two of them! Now he can carry his quart mason jar of nutrition in a nice little bag!!! Complete with spoon and napkin :) I think it will actually hold 2 jars but havent tried it yet :)



I want to start the pushup challenge again... so I plan on starting that today as well.

We are selling our weight lifting equipment. That is huge for me. But it will feel great to let go and have room in the garage for another fridge or freezer :)... My hubbies new job will get us both a new workout facility so dont worry i am not giving up on weight lifting just yet. :)

And I must get going now.. have to run to the library, clean the house and cook supper before track practice tonight :)

Must share with you some photos of the kids running though.... what a joy! these are from a meet we went to about a month ago:
Cat at the start of the 800 meter.

Jo in 200 meter!!! woowhoo!

Doing what I love!
Nate running to gold medal in 400 meter dash.

Comments