50 = I'm back and Feeling Fantastic!!!





I am back to blogging after no less than one thousand six hundred and fifty-one days, 4 years 6 months and 9 days to say it a different way.  Back to sharing my journey here instead of other social media. You might be wanting to ask me, "Why after all this time, are you wanting to share here again."? My answer,  because I have grown tired of how Facebook seems to have an ability to steal my joy in some ways, and how it feels like I am constantly having to protect myself from negativity there, and of course the constant advertisements. So, I have decided to get back to the basics, and begin again from where I started.

My hope for a good long while been that sharing my struggles and my triumphs in person, on social media, or in the blogging world would help encourage others. But in the very beginning, this journal was all about me. I would come here to be held accountable, to find the courage to put on my shoes and get out the door or to resist the third bowl of ice-cream. But even back then, there was a part of me that  wanted to help others find their own way out of poor health and self negativity. I knew I wanted to be a glimmer of hope and support for people to never give up on becoming who God created them to be.

 I've been posting these last 1651 days on my fb feed, thoughts on fitness and health, nutrition and internal self dialog. As of today, and from here on, those thoughts will be placed here. I hope you will join me as I take this journey through my 50s to become stronger and healthier in mind body and Spirit. For now, you are welcome to go back through the years here (on the side bar) and take a peek into my past. I will be back tomorrow and several times a week sharing  my struggles with being gluten free, why I've gone Whole Food Plant Based (I'm vegan but carry a leather bag y'all), how I manage to balance my life as a mom, wife, artist, personal trainer, group fitness instructor and still take care of me while helping other take care of themselves. Let it be said that I was not one for grammatical correctness back then and most posts were more like what I would text to a friend instead of what would be published in a paper, so please be gracious as you read.  I'll try to be better this time around but hopefully the overall goal of sharing my story will go beyond my lack of writing skills.

Thanks for being here!

"Every year older, Every year stronger." (me)

“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.” 
― Audrey Hepburn

“Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” 
― Robert Browning




Comments