Wanna Talk Zumba?

OH MY GOODNESS I am LOVING teaching Zumba! Never in my life would I have thought I would be a zumba instructor! I have had some wonderful classes and really enjoy some of the new songs and choreography. Its just so fun to be in a room full of people dancing the hour away while at the same time pushing myself to work harder, jump higher, and move more concentrated to focus on specific body parts. I am more fit now than ever... because of the amazing workout zumba is.

I might teach it a bit differently than most instructors. I lean toward movements that are fitness focused, I try to make some of the songs silly and fun, and I love using Christian based music in my classes.

I have been working on my fuel the last week and half and its made a HUGE difference in my energy level during class. Prior to changing my diet I was experiencing drops in my blood sugar and at one point I had to get a peppermint out of my bag cause I was CRASHING in the middle of class. How we eat and fuel our bodies makes such a huge difference. Whether we want to admit it or not food is the biggest piece to the fitness puzzle. I will share a bit more of my nutrition in a few weeks as I want to get some more time under my belt before sharing what I have been doing. I am excited because I am starting to lean up... and if it werent for my baby belly skin I would have a 6 pack instead of a 4 pack :) ha.

My heel spur is BETTER! Praise the LORD! the past 3 days i have had NO PAIN! I have been getting ultrasound treatments on it and they seem to be doing the trick. I am also keeping it taped up the majority of the time. I hope to add running back in to my fitness plan next week. Starting slow .. STARTING OVER. I am looking forward to 2013 and the possibility  of half marathons again but being so busy with zumba I am not sure how that is going to fit in the schedule.

I will be going to Zumba Basic Level 2 Certification Course in 2 weeks! I am excited to have another level of certification and learn more dance specific moves. Level 2 teaches belly dance, flamenco, tango, samba, plus two new high-intensity rhythms, soca and quebradita... CANT WAIT!


Comments