The craziness of my life.........

I remember the days when I had to post here EVERYDAY to motivate myself to get my workouts in... and to eat right.... Those days are gone and I can say I have made a HUGE life changes to health and fitness....
With that said.... Its still challenging.

I still have my moments of 'poor little me' when it comes to eating. Most days I HATE being gluten intolerant and milk intolerant. I hate it because it makes me so different. I have been different all my life. I am a bit more creative, a bit more outspoken, a bit more ...... than most people. .... Independent from a young age.  What having food allergies does to a person is leaves them in the outskirts of society.  In a society where food plays such a HUGE role it makes some days just "poor little me" days.

Reality is Milk and Gluten makes me sick. It makes me feel awful.
Reality is most people dont understand and after years of trying to eat G and M free I still have people who know me and know me well.... asking why I cant eat this or that.

Good news is I feel great when I eat the way I know I need to eat :)  Bad news is its still hard sometimes.

I try to remember "Their food is their food... My food is my food. Their food is not my food. No matter how it makes other people feel I have to eat my food, no matter what it makes them think about their food."

In the workout front.... I am teaching 2 zumba classes a week.... its been GREAT! Love it.
I have had two issues with running low blood sugar.... so I have to remember to carb load before I go teach. I am also starting to train  a few folks one on one.... I am loving that!
Running is still slow going.... My heel spur pain seems to be getting gradually better..... I hope to get out and get some 2 milers going this week and see how it does. I miss it so bad.

As far as my goals right now...
I would like to loose atleast 10lbs. Teaching Zumba has put on a lot of muscle which is great but I think part of the problem with my heel not making a good quick turn around is that I am heavier than I have been in years. I dont really care how much I weigh if I feel good. But having even as much as 5 extra pounds makes a HUGE difference in foot health. So I am watching closely my caloric intake and increasing my exercises.. pushing a bit harder..... so far I have lost some.. not sure how much but my belt is a notch tighter.

Comments