44 but feel like a kid!

Twice in the past 2 weeks I have had people act shocked when they find out how old I am. I LOVE it!
I know, I shouldnt be so self absorbed... but I do LOVE IT when someone says "nuh uh... your how old??" ..The reason I love it is because I use to feel and look older than I was. When I was in  my 30s I felt OLD. I thought.. there is NO WAY I am going thru life feeling THIS old.  I made a decision to do something different. I made the decision to change.. and it sucked.

Changing habits you had for 40 years isnt easy. Being open and honest with myself wasnt much fun either.. I gave in on the denial and faced who and what I had become.  I hated it.

So turning 44 yesterday was a joyfilled experience. Here is what my birthday consisted of:

At the studio at 7 am to practice Zumba for an hour n half
Home to do breakfast and rest up a bit
Track practice at 11am in the 80 degree plus weather (coaching)
Grad a naked smoothie at the store and the kids and I head over to help my sister move.
We moved for 4 hours, with just a 15 min break. weather in the high 90s. It was hot, stuff was heavy... washer, dryer, couch.. you know.. moving stuff!... hard work.
Come home rest and shower ... about 1 hour .. then head up to teach zumba.
Hour zumba class ... filled with Gangham style (a new one :)... and lots of leg work. I was dripping sweat.
Hour of personal training.
Ride my bike home at 815pm

Looking at this list makes me happy. How many people do you know that can be THIS active in one day?
So for my 44th birthday I was given the gift of realizing how thankful I am for being fit. Thankful for the struggle that it has been, for the years and months of starting over...

I NEVER knew 44 could feel so good!

--- When's YOUR birthday?
Do you LOVE the person you are today? What do you dream of changing? If you could wake up tomorrow a "new" woman.. what would that mean?
You see... no matter how old you are... you can still feel like crap.
The choices we make and how we live our lives.... its crazy really... our choices make us who we are. Our choosing to decide to be ok with where we are... to settle.
DONT SETTLE!!!!
Most people give in and give up.. They say its too hard, they say they dont have time, they say they could never do this or that, they say its too hard cause they are a mom, working full time, doing projects on the side and carting kids everywhere... they say they dont have the money and dont have the time.....
Well, its all just excuses.

I know, I have been there and used every single one.

It IS hard work, yes.......and no, your not going to LOVE IT. ...
We all want simple, easy, uncomplicated weightloss and fitness.

This is simple, but it aint easy. Because to change means... we'll, you have to CHANGE.
Change what you love to do: Instead of LOVING this or that show on tv... LOVE biking, or swimming or dancing
Change what you love to eat: Instead of LOVING garlic bread and 1000 calorie cheddar cheese fries,... LOVE baked fries and smoothies and veggie meals.....
Change what you think: Instead of thinking, "i can't, i am too old, .... i can't, i dont have time.... i can't because I will just fail again......THINK.. I will do this and no one can stop me.  THINK.. this isnt about just me.. its about my kids, my grandkids, and great grandkids. ... Stop thinking its hard and EXPERIENCE it being hard. get up and get going.

So...
my birthday rant is over.
 I wish I could bottle it up and sell this feeling. Feeling strong, fit and happy. But I can't. You have to go and get it yourself.. ......It doesnt matter if you 18 or 65.... you CAN be stronger, more fit and healthy!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!


Comments