.....something must change.

I posted a few days back about some hidden gluten I ingested and of course paid the price. It was so very frustrating to be 9 days gluten free and feeling so much better and to have that happen. Well... it happened again! Saturday something I thought was gluten free wasnt.  I experience stomach pains, exhaustion and major bloating since Saturday. ... It sucked.

Something MUST change. ...


You remember over a year ago when i found I had a cyst in my breast (you can read that post here).. I went mostly raw vegan for 3 weeks. I FELT AMAZING.... the cyst was healed and I swore that I would never return to my previous way of eating. I was determined to be raw vegan for the rest of my life. .. why would  I ever choose any other way of eating.

Well, one of the main reasons I felt so wonderful during that time was because I was a celiac. Raw Vegan eating contains NO gluten... so for those 3 weeks I ingested no gluten! I remember the last week woke up full of energy after only 5 hours of sleep! I am telling you people I felt incredible.

Of course I didnt stick with it.. cause Raw Vegan is so radical.... Even though I knew this way of eating had healed my cyst.... I eventually went back to trying to eat gluten free.

Over the past year and a half...I have fluctuated... from 75% to 90%  raw vegan, to cooked vegan, to a bit of meat, eating "normal" but gluten free... and throw in a few days of SAD diet in there...... You name it I have tried it..
Being frustrated with not being able to stick with raw vegan for more than a few weeks... I threw in the towel several times going for the other options listed above...
I decided that my approach to raw vegan was too radical... i was trying to go "cold turkey" on my old way of eating and cold turkey never works for me. .... so I decided I would try to eat gluten free.... I would do gluten free diet until I was over my old addictions and was able to eat gluten free on a daily basis without feeling deprived (just like I did with all my other food addictions)...

I would do great for a while... then 4 times I had accidental gluten ingestion. leaving me sick for 4 days after I ate the gluten.

I am fet up. I am done. I am tired of eating being so much work... "is there gluten? .. whats it say on the label? do they have a gluten free menu?"  all the while getting "glutened" accidentally.

So I am slowly coming to terms with these facts:

1. Celiacs is an Auto Immune Disease. ... DISEASE..... I have to think of it as if I had another other disease.... If I eat gluten it makes me feel horrible. Mentally I have to adjust my thinking to being diagnosed with a DISEASE, and not just think of it as a "oh i will feel bad for a day or two" kind of thing.... As a Celiac if I keep  eating gluten it will take my  health away from me. .... I am not ready to give it up.

2. I cannot trust anyone else to prepare my food... if I go out to eat I can do the best I can but I am risking accidental ingestion.... my next step is to figure out how to go out to eat with family and friends while bringing along my own food.

3. Being focused, flexible and determined to eat atleast 90% raw because of its healing effect. I truely believe that I feel so wonderful when i eat this way becuase I had 40 years of poisoning done to my body.... after 40 years it needs a rest.  I am also finally getting the nutrients my body has needed for as long as I can remember. ......

4. When I eat raw there is no possible chance that the food I am eating will have gluten in it. Unless the get it inside a watermelon somehow :) ha

this was part of my lunch yesterday... wonderful melons from a local farmer... the black diamond watermelon was the BEST i have ever tasted.. I have been craving it since then and can't wait to see his truck at the corner again in a few days!



So I am promising myself not to be too emotionally charged if I mess up.... to realize this is a dietary change that takes a long time to make and that its ok to go off raw for a meal or two every once n a while.

Here is a photo of what happened to my tummy this past weekend when I accidentally ate some gluten.... I looked 5 month pregnant! its crazy!

Comments