The Scale: Shock and Awe

The number was 20lbs higher than I expected. It left me shocked, frustrated and depressed. THIS is why I dont like the scale. Don't get me wrong.... they do have their place... but in my world I would rather do without.

I am 5'4", and the scale said I was 149.2lbs!
"Your Body Mass Index: The Height you entered is 5 feet, 4 inches. The Weight you entered is 149.2 pounds.Your Calculated BMI is: 25.6"

I am OVERWEIGHT?

 How can this be? I am currently a size 4/6,... went clothes shopping last weekend and I wear size small...  I can do an hours of high impact zumba a day, my waist is smaller than it has been in months! Overweight? I think not.

The reason? Muscle weighs MORE than fat! Last time I weight 150lbs this wasn't the case.... I have put on so much muscle in my legs and butt from zumba.... the fat I use to have around my waist is disappearing and but for the baby belly skin I have my abs are hard as rocks. So say what you will scale.... I know the truth..... I am building a strong healthy lean body whether you like it or not. Who are you to tell me what I am. HA!

I HATE the way the scale effects us. I knew better than to get on that stupid thing. Interesting that even though I know the truth, BAM it dropped my self confidence down. What if I am 'gaining weight' ... what if its not muscle... what if my image isnt what I think it is? .... the questions started flowing. 

I am glad I don't own one.... and I never plan to step on one again.. unless its at the Drs office. 

Be GONE durn scale... I dont need you... You lie, You Steal my Joy, and You have no place here.... 

that's all.

--------------------




 

 

Comments