(Updated)A Picture is worth 1000 words.. Heel spur, Raw Diet and Doing what you can.

In my previous post I ranted about the scale.... I decided to take back my self confidence, prove the scale is worth nothing, and rededicate myself to 22 days of eating to feel great. Today I have begun my raw diet again and will use these photos as a starting point to prove a healthy raw diet will make me look and feel GREAT! The photos below are a result of zumba only for over a month. No weight training, no running...... 149.2lbs... would you have guessed I weigh that much? ha

Please read below about what I have been up too.. and why I havent run in over a month.







In the first week of March I started having heel pain... long story short.. after months of running thru it... and even after going thru my zumba certification with heel pain.... I finally went to the chiropractor 3 weeks ago...

I have a heel spur... I have had 5 treatments and went for 2 weeks taped... I have laid off running for over a month as running makes it hurt worse..... The great news is zumba doesnt hurt it! and actually makes it feel better!

I miss my runs though... and the sad thing is that a freedom half is out of the question for me this year... a tradition.... I think this would have been my 5th half marathon on the morning of July 4th..... There is NO way I can do it this year, not even if I walked the whole thing.... too much pain and  dangerous as I havent trained and the heel spur could come back worse.
So... my plan for now is to have a Freedom Zumbathon on the 4th of July....I plan on at least 2 hours of zumba with a short break in between and hope to have friends join in..... but first I must find a location to have it... :0...

I must get back to life.... house to clean... flowers to plant... a play fort to dismantle as my kids are all grown up :(.... more tomorrow as I plan to post everyday of my 22 day nutrition reboot! :)

UPDATE:
Ok... so I have decided to do a some journaling as I work thru my 3 or 4 days of detox...
To answer the question WHY I have chosen Low Fat Raw Vegan I will quickly write as reason why come to my thoughts....
I remember how great I feel when I eat LFRV I want to feel that way again
I want the energy it gives me.
I want to be able to live on less sleep (crazy huh?) but when I was 3 weeks into LFRV last time I was feeling GREAT on 5 hours of sleep)
I want to look younger than I am...
I want to be healthier....
I want to heal my body quickly from hard workouts, last time I ate this way I had shorter recovery time and less soreness.
I want to feel good about my food choices... I want to stop struggling with gluten ... I want it out of my life..... Gluten in my enemy.... it bloats me, makes me exhausted and although I love the taste, texture and smell... its slowly killing me.
I want to overcome my food addictions...
I want and need the energy eating this way provides.
I want to learn to LOVE the food I eat because of what it does for me... I want food that works with my body not against it... I want to keep illness, disease, and modern medicine away from me.
I want to be FIT
LEAN
and Energetic ....
now excuse me while I go eat a fruity lunch :) and resist the soda cravings I have had alllll day. (amazing how sodas creep back into my life.. and how as little as 8oz a day turns me into an addict once more).... Bring on the withdrawals...
 

Comments