I miss it all.

I am so freaked out at how great I feel. No wonder I struggled so much before figuring out what Gluten does to me! It makes me a completely different person.
Stomach aches are to be expected.. but the exhaustion... oh my gosh! I remember (and so do my kids)... everyday having to lay on the couch cause I was so tired. I remember my husband coming home to find me on the couch most days ... but that wasnt me... that was me on gluten.

I wish I had known. Things would have been so different. I missed out on a lot.... I was tired, a lot. I was exhausted and frustrated with my kids a lot back then.  ..... so happy I figured it out. ..... Even though its hard and occasionally I want to throw pity parties for myself ...... i am still thankful I am healthier than I have ever been!

In other news...
Yes, my heel spur is still keeping me from running. .... Its really frustrating... I miss running terribly.
I miss the alone time, I miss the cool breeze, I miss looking at the stars and wondering if I will see a fox around the corner, I miss the challenge of it, I miss the feeling of "i think i will puke' exhaustion that happens when I run sprints, I miss the outfits, I miss running with others, I miss setting and achieving goals, I miss seeing all the older people out walking and saying HI to them, I miss thinking I can't go another 2 miles, I miss stashing my snacks for the long run, ...........

I miss it all.

If you are thinking.. well.. she could walk.... nope, I cant.... Walking hurts it too... i have to REST.
But rest of how long? I have no idea.


So now my day will revolve around zumba, I will be focused on stretching 4 times a day, the painful icing sessions i must do,  having my foot taped consistently and sleeping with my toe pointed to the ceiling. I will  do what it takes to get over this. Because the pain of doing all this isnt worth the pain of missing what I love to do.   So for now I will reminisce,

last year after a hot wonderfully sweaty run

last fall after a long run
I will run again... it's just a matter of time.






Comments