"zumba" ??

I have a confession to make.


I love zumba. I know I know... it sounds silly... for a "runner" to love zumba.


shhhhhhh!

Dont tell anyone LOL....

You see, as a runner.... zumba always seemed a bit over the top for me. I love running out on the road alone ... me and my ipod :) ....
but ..
I have always been a dancer of sorts.

Mind you I was NOT allowed to dance as a teenager... no prom for me. But as a young child I danced hours away in our den rock n and rolling doing the hand jive, and doing my own version of swing dancing.

What I LOVE about Zumba.... THE MUSIC.... and the feeling of a great workout without realizing your working out....
I attended my first zumba class last week ... when it was done.. I was dripping sweat and jumping for joy. I was so very happy! It brought back my inner dance child LOL....

I have been working on my own dance dance routine over the past 4 days.... trying to get a routine together to substitute for the class I attended last week. Its been a lot of work... but I am almost finished choreographing a 45 min class. Some songs I borrowed from videos I found on youtube.. others I created... either way I am excited to get it down so I can lead the group with confidence :)

I am also Zore! .... (zumba sore).. HA!...

I am looking forward to finding a zumba certification class to attend this spring or summer... I had two dates selected but I have track meets on both of those days.... I am hoping to have the certification complete by june 1 so I can teach this summer!

Dont worry.. I am still a runner! ... In fact.... I woke up this morning really wanting to get out the door for a run.... I am excited about the time change that is coming up and how it will allow longer daylight for me to run in the evenings... and of course it signals that SUMMER is on its way! YAY!

And as if I needed another reason to be excited about zumba certification...
check out the clothes!
 


What an eats update???
Today is day 7 of being 90% raw vegan. 
I feel amazing! 
My skin is glowing, my tummy is so happy, and OH THE ENERGY i have!!! 
I cannot get my brain wrapped around why I dont eat like this allll the time? I will be focusing on eating 90% raw for as long as I can. 90% raw means 10% is whatever I want to eat. ..... so if I want a bit of meat or a tad of gluten free bread... then thats ok. ... it works for me and I feel great when i eat like this :) (of course I am staying 100% gluten free!)
 Did I tell you I have sooooo much energy??? wow. 

 

Comments