CONTRAST


Reality for me then... I think of it often.
I think of it when I overweight out of shape people around town.
I think of it at church when everyone rushes to get donuts at during class...when people struggle to walk because of their weight. I think of it when I hear stories of people having back surgery, knee surgery, diagnosed with diabetes, or worried about loved ones that are going thru these things.

I dont judge those people. I use to be that person. Miserable in my own skin. Feeling stuck and unable to get free from illness and aches and pains I lived with everyday. I remember vividly what it was like. How painful it was to wake up in the morning and try to get out of bed. The physical pain of simply rolling over in bed was debilitating. I remember laying in bed wanting to roll over to my side and trying to think of how to move without it hurting my abdomen. Two c-sections and all that weight in my belly made it so painful to move.

I told my husband last night. I am so grateful I decided to change. I am so grateful I prayed that night when i was 38 years old to try and be fit by 40. My life today is a stark contrast to my life in my   30s.  When I was in my 30s I couldn't walk 2 miles without thinking I was going to die.  I was depressed and miserable.

Contrast like hot and cold.... I am the complete and utter opposite of that 30 year old person. I am happy... The only aches I have are after a great workout... I dispise donuts and shun cokes. I crave fruit and am addicted to smoothies..... I am happy... full of energy.... content.

If you think growing old means giving up on health, energy, becoming a slave to the medical industry and keeping track of the multiple drugs you will be required to take to stay healthy.... I disagree.
For me... getting older means feeling younger, being more fit and being able to run circles around kids half my age!

Dont give up. Release yourself from the prison you created. You have the key.


Comments

Josha said…
love it! same with me...i would say that I wish i'd done things differently so that my 30's had been better, but then I wouldn't appreciate my 40's as much...