2 Half Marathons and Too busy Running to post! LOL

When I finished my half this past Saturday I was updating my side bar and noticed I never did write about the LAST half (in Dec).... I have just been too busy to post here... too busy running, instructing phase 1 class,  cleaning, educating, cooking.. going places...

So I am determined today to sit and write just a bit about those two runs.

First... Decembers run was HORRIBLE! I ate gluten (the dreaded beast) the day before (when I had decided NOT to run the next day).. and then changed my mind.. ... I managed to complete the half after multiple potty stops and it was NO fun at all. 4 hours later... i was done. I was awful and I thought why did I decide to do this 13 halfs in 13 month. But later.... I was happy I did it. Glad I finished no matter what my tummy said. December wasnt a fun month running wise. The month I dropped the can on pineapple on my toe and broke it. I didnt run more than I did run... So when I decided to go ahead and do the half in December I had to be OK with making myself walk a majority of it. I had been injured, I had a tummy problem but I was going to do it.
I did.

January flew by. I have been having a bit of an issue with just getting out the door to run. Frustration with changing work schedules, and a bit of a heal issue left me wondering if I should do Jan half.  The wind here has been awful... thankfully we were in Houston one weekend in Jan when a dust storm blew thru so we missed that! :)... but my runs have been inside on the dreadmill or around the indoor 200 meter indoor track. I missed running outside! I missed running on the grass.
My heal issue (as it turns out) is a result of running too many laps and turning too many times over and over again. I stretched and stretched and this past Saturday left the house saying I would do just 6 miles and see how I felt. I had 4 days left in the month so I figured I could do 6 and then on the 31st do 13.1 ... depending on my foot. After 6 miles on the grass I stopped and stretched and my heal felt GREAT! my feet were so happy to be on the grass! AAAHHH the uneven surface was amazing! :) It had rained two days before and the ground was nice and springy!  :)
I made myself go very easy! Forcing myself to not go faster than 10 min per mile... I wanted to go easy and not push it because I want to run another 13.1 in a few weeks without injury.. :)

So I finished 13.1 in 2hours 29 mins.... this time included stopping to stretch several times on the last few miles.... Not close to my PR but WAY better than Decembers half :)
When I was finished I felt GREAT! My foot was happy and I still had a desire to run!

Sunday I rested.
Monday I ran 2 miles easy INSIDE.... on the track and dreadmill....and guess what? My foot was FINE before I ran in circles... and after just that bit of running it was hurting again. ....
I stretched.. had hubby rub it and stretched it some more....
Tuesday (yesterday) It was AMAZING outside... in the mid 70s and NO WIND! I had to get out and run... so I did a after dark run just 2 miles on the grass... after I was finished... I felt great.... I stretched my foot more and today its just a bit tight but feels good.

I know now that my issue is with running the 200 meter track with its sharp turns. ... so its outside for me..... I told my hubby "I guess I just need to get use to the fact that I MUST run on the grass outside  and get over the wind and cold and just do it anyway."

will see.

So the good news is I have 4 half marathons done in 4 months :) woowhoo..
This months run will be closer to my PR.... the secret is to rest and go easy this week and part of next and then start adding a few more miles back in.

Here's the sunset from my 13.1 for Jan. I was on mile 12 at this point and ready to be finished.. :)

On the eats front ... I have managed to avoid gluten for the past 2 weeks. I am feeling sooooo much better... but just yesterday i did have a tortilla .. It didnt bother me too bad.... and I am back to gluten free.... I MUST stay away from gluten... man it messes me up so bad. I hope to write sometime about reasons why its so hard for me to get over gluten. but no time today for that!

I must get going... dishes to wash, track practice, biology and history to get ready for..... and a house to clean.

No running for me today... I will rest and do pushups :)

thanks for reading.

Comments