OFF my rocker blog therapy (again)

I have been off my rocker the past week ... I told my husband a few days ago... "I JUST FEEL OFF".

I have been feeling just strange, off center I guess... like I have been walking around with foggy glasses on. When I am on my rocker I feel great. Rockin along not missin a beat, enjoying life and feeling the joy that goes along with it. .... But man, off my rocker feels like crap.

It really IS the same old story. I dont know why I even bother to repeat it here again and again.. but all I know is THIS is what I do and how I have gotten myself to where I am. I write about how I feel, about my progress and setbacks. Mostly this works because I get my frustration out. Writing here helps keep my head on straight, brings me back to reality... that life gets in the way, that choices of the past are in the past and that today .. right here .. now ... is the only thing I do do anything about.

Last night i was up to about 2am coughing. In the past I would assume I was getting sick. It would be allergies, a cold virus I got from someone or whatever. But I know that isn't true and reality is that I did it to myself. For about a week I have been eating like the rest of my family. Not BAD but "sad" enough to make me feel like crap. I haven't had a green salad in a week. I havent had a long run in a week. I havent rested well.... in a week.  A week is all it takes to go from feeling AMAZING to feeling like my old run down self.

I simply cannot believe how poor I feel when I eat like normal people. Headaches, no energy, bloated and just run down. My skin is not glowing anymore and man I just need a nap.

So... today I am back at it. I am feeling so much better this morning because I have chosen NOT to eat .... Its like my body is saying THANK YOU for the rest.

I am back to eating reasonably raw... striving for 90% staying away from gluten and sugar again... Choosing to eat what makes me feel great..... because I am sick n tired of feeling sick and tired.

I have a few goals and dreams to share but that has to wait for another post.
thanks for listening.

Comments

Brooke said…
I totally understand. Last week was one big fail for me and I'm feeling it now.