13.1 DONE!!!: givin up? starting fresh? I cant decide.

well...
I planned to do 13.1 miles for 13 months in a row.
I had 2 months down and then a can of pineapple attacked my toe.

have I told you I have decided it IS broken?
I managed a few runs since then but still with a little pain.
Yesterday I ran at track practice for a few laps and it hurt... not so bad I couldnt run but bad enough for me to wonder if I should attempt 13.1 today.

I am not sure what I want to do.
I can't decide between giving up or going for it.

right now I am waver back and forth.
I must decide. Do I want to do 13.1 walking/jogging know I will be out there for 2.5 hours today ... or do I want to wait and have to start over.

I am giving myself until 2 today to decide.

UPDATE:
Ok. I have decided. I am going to do 13.1 today if it takes me forever. I am just back from finishing 5 miles in 59 mins. and I am averaging 11 min per mile which is WAY off my usual pace.
I am home now after the 5 miles with a stupid stomach ache.

Update:
ok.. have another mile down and had to come home again because of stomach.

I WILL FINISH THIS TODAY. I am almost half way. almost

UPDATE:
I finished.

What a miserable half marathon it was. I wanted to quit so many times. My stupid stomach was just miserable. But I was determined to have a half done for this month and I now have 3 halfs down and 10 to go to my goal of 13 halfs in 13 months.  :)

I have lots to write about but will wait until tomorrow... we are off to a little new years eve party so not enough time tonight to write my goodbye to 2011 post.

Comments