What day? Raw day 17. happy.

Supper tonight was AMAZING!  I couldnt wait to woof it down! I ate a HUGE salad complete with 1 whole organic honeycrisp apple! tomatoes, sugar snap peas, romaine and green leaf lettuce, and chopped almonds. I drizzled a bit of Annies Organic Rasp. Vinaigrette... .. I sitting here to happy and satisfied!

Yesterday i ran out of bananas, and all fruit to speak of. Last night I had tuna and homemade skillet potatoes for supper... it was fine. Its wasn't great, it wasnt wonderful, and when i finished it it didnt make me feel good.

Coming to terms with the fact that RAW VEGAN is really the way I prefer to eat is a bit to swallow.... I mean... I am CHOOSING THIS... I feel no guilt for eating other things if I have or need too... I feel no guilt for choosing raw when the family eats healthy cooked. I dont feel deprived. This is so very different than last January. When every bite I ate I wondered if it would cure the cyst (which at the time I didnt know if was cancerous or not) .... I ate raw vegan with hopes it would keep me from having to be cut open, having to be biopsied, I HOPED it would save me from 1000s in medical bills and a summer that was filled with recovery from surgery instead of running running running. I was focused and determined but I felt deprived. The "poor little me" voice was still there all the time.

This time... well THIS TIME is different. This time I can see myself LIVING THIS WAY....
I dont feel guilty, frustrated, agrivated or unhappy because I "have" to eat this way.
I choose to eat this way because of how i FEEL after I do. The energy I have, and how much I actally enjoy tasting this food. I love that I can eat as much as I want... when i am hungry I eat... :)

so... tonights supper was fantastic.

On the run front... this morning I did sprint work... YIKES
I did a mile FAST then ran sprints for another miles .. between those sprints I did lunges. OUCH. 30 lunges total and 2.5 miles total. not very far but when i was done I was dripping sweat! my legs were jello.
Tonight at track practice I did a 40 min run with coach and the kids. I could barely finish and had to walk a few times because my legs were... JELLO.. ha... but I kept going.

tomorrow morning... if you hear a scream and a moan...
THAT BE ME and my BUTT: "saying good morning Wednesday... Lets go for a run!"


Success is piece of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming. — John Wooden

Time lost is time lost. It’s gone forever. Some people tell themselves that they will work twice as hard tomorrow to make up for what they did not do today. People should always do their best. If they work twice as hard tomorrow, then they should have also worked twice as hard today. That would have been their best. — John Wooden

Comments