Raw Road Trip Challenge :)

 OK... So we decided to take a road trip to Houston to visit family. What a fantastic time we had! Very inspired by C and A who both look so amazing! They have made amazing changes in their diets and look great! I was a bit worried about traveling and trying to stay 90% raw. I wanted to be realistic and not put too much pressure on myself.. but I just didnt want to loose all I have gained.. by Gaining back all I have lost.
I am feeling like I am making big progress and starting to lean up. My body has adjusted to this way of eating and my digestive system is so very happy. I didnt want to have a road trip that was marked by tummy aches and weight gain.
So... I went shopping before I left.. so I could have some things I needed when we got there. I packed the above things in the ice chest and put a bit of ice to keep it cool.

 I also packed a box of bananas to have ready for smoothies!

Our first meal to stop for was lunch and we decided to stop at Walmart. The family got fried chicken breast and since I didnt want to have to unpack my salad stuff... I decided to buy a salad at walmart.

The only bad thing was... the only mostly raw non-gluten salad I found was minuscule. All the other salads had cheese and crutons and meat on them. The greens in them didnt look very fresh either.

So... I decided to eat this for lunch:



I rinsed the veggies with bottle water I had in the car :)


I made smoothies for every  breakfast and had a smoothie at night for a meal before bed. We ate out twice while in houston. I had my bananas I packed but I headed to HEB when i got there to buy frozen fruit and some gluten free things for the kids. :)


Here I am waiting for a table :) at the first place we ate out at.... it  was a fantastic mexican food place. I decided I would eat a cooked meal .... I had chips, queso and hot sauce and drank water. I ordered a Fried Avacado... which I have never had before. It was stuffed with cheese and chicken.

 Below is a photo of it cut open.


It tasted amazing. I LOVED the avacado.. which was still raw... I had a few bites of chicken but just didnt want to eat all that cheese. Below is what was left when i was finished eating :)
funny how nasty it looked when I was done. ha... nothing but cheese n chicken ...

We ate out a second time at an amazing place! I decided I REALLY wanted to try and stay raw on this meal... I ordered an amazing salad (which I hope to recreate in my kitchen)... the salad above had spinach, heart of palm (which I have never tried), some onion, cucumber. I ordered dressing on the side. The waiter seemed surprised that was all I wanted to eat... :) it was fantastic!
The dessert tray was amazing! Sad tho because when I look at this I see nothing but a tummy ache.


On  the exercise front.. I went for a run with the kids Friday morning before breakfast :) We did about 3 miles.. then came home n did abwork and arms together :)


I also did 50 mens pushups Friday night before bed and I am still store from those!

Saturday afternoon I we went to eat at this amazing hamburger joint. I ordered cheese fries, a coke, and a chicken burger. I ate almost all the fries but could only eat a quarter of the burger. We had a great time and I felt not guilt because I am so happy with how well I have done so far!

On the drive home I didnt have any food like this:



But opted to gradually sip on my  peach for the road smoothie and glass of hot unsweet tea :)





this morning I had a smoothie for breakfast and this for lunch... :) I did add some hotsauce to it later but it was so very nice to actually be CRAVING a salad! :) yipee!

One thing that was really motivating is how my body is really leaning up.... I was getting out of the car when we arrived in Houston and looked down to see this....


My smoothie Thursday night! so yummy!
On the drive home last night we stopped at a hamburger joint but I didnt order anything.... I did have a few sips of DP and a handful of peanut mnms ....

I have set some goals for this week.... I want to reduce the salt I take in... I want to get some long runs in (starting tonight) and i want to focus on getting creative with raw meals.

On the skin front.. I woke up with a rash on my upper chest this morning... I am trying to figure out what it was that caused it... but all I can figure is the cheese that I had on the chicken burger I ate yesterday. ..... a great reminder......i am what I eat :)

BIG banana NEWS!!!!!
while on this trip I actually ate HALF A BANANA with just pealing and eating. You see.. that might not be a big deal to most people but for me... I HATE EATING BANANAS THAT WAY! I have tried for YEARS to eat a banana without gagging and wanting to throw up. I have had issues with the texture and taste for as long as I can remember. But yesterday morning.. it was good! I was so happy I can eat it without wanting to toss my cookies!!! haha....

Comments