RAW Day 7.. Goal Reached! woowhooo


 I had another wonderful day... a few challenges.. but that's how its spose to be. 
First I was excited to find out I was teaching Daniel 1 in my preschool class at church  :) I love how God uses all sorts of things in my life to speak to me. Confirmation? maybe. 
 "8-10 But Daniel determined that he would not defile himself by eating the king's food or drinking his wine, so he asked the head of the palace staff to exempt him from the royal diet. The head of the palace staff, by God's grace, liked Daniel, but he warned him, "I'm afraid of what my master the king will do. He is the one who assigned this diet and if he sees that you are not as healthy as the rest, he'll have my head!"
 11-13 But Daniel appealed to a steward who had been assigned by the head of the palace staff to be in charge of Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: "Try us out for ten days on a simple diet of vegetables and water. Then compare us with the young men who eat from the royal menu. Make your decision on the basis of what you see."
 14-16 The steward agreed to do it and fed them vegetables and water for ten days. At the end of the ten days they looked better and more robust than all the others who had been eating from the royal menu. So the steward continued to exempt them from the royal menu of food and drink and served them only vegetables."

We had a fun time in class talking about choices we make and how God cares about our health.  It was interesting to hear the kids .. 4 year old speak of what they thought was healthy and what wasn't. We had a great time. 

As for my eating things are going great... Today is day 7! woowhoo! I am excited how wonderful I feel and thrilled esp with my skin, which is soft and bump free! (I usually have bumps on my biceps) ... also.. I have energy !!! ... I did a bit of tummy issues with the chillies meal... to. be. expected.

Yesterday.... 
I made a strawberry salad... it was sooooo good! 




I also made a mostly greens salad .. and loved it. The white things in this salad are rice cake pieces. topped with a bit of italian... My next step in this whole thing is to learn about homemade dressings. 



Today I had THIS for lunch. I was very very tempted. I didnt eat enough before church and came home from worship HUNGRY... off I went to WALMART to buy "walmart chicken" and potatoes as that is what the family was wanting to eat for lunch and I have been so very busy I had nothing to cook for lunch for them. (my. bad)... .... Anyway... back to my salad... I was soooo tempted to have a plate full of chicken strips and potatoes... but I stuck to my rule and made this:
Greens, with tomato and grapes.. and I got a very small (2 inches) strip of chicken and cut it into small pieces.  It was the first pieces of meat I have had in 7 days.



 One the running front i did 5 miles tonight ... my second lap I was focus on keeping up with this college girl who blew past me. (seh black n white blur above) I knew she wouldnt last long (i hoped)... and I stayed with her until she stopped after 1 mile to walk. Then... my 43  year old self kept her pace and kept going. I know it is wrong and I shouldn't be so happy about it... but for years I walked or stopped as 100s of college men and woman blew past me :) ... so tonight... it was fun.

Feeling great and looking forward to another SEVEN DAYS 90% raw! wooowhooo!

Comments

Ruthie said…
Ok so can anyone tell at what point in my post I had kids n hubby asking me questions ? Ha