Raw Day 4.. .. Tricks

Had French Class with DD and other homeschool girls. Aunt Diana made Cream Brulee I ate half of the tiny beautiful serving. I had never tasted it before and enjoyed it but was worried to eat more since it contains milk and I have issues with milk products. So far... no problems! yay!

 Day 4 today and still feeling good. Although I do believe I need a bit more rest :) Tired tonight because I was up late last night n up early this morning. good news... I can rest tomorrow :) ha

I know your wondering ...
How sore are you? .... Answer is I have been very surprised. My feet were  a bit tinder this morning and my hammies and tushy were sore too.. but nothing like last time I ran a solo half.

tonights supper :) heavy on the diced cucumbers, zucchini, bell pepper and celery... easy on the dressing :) (ha... dressing organic salsa!
How's your energy level today? ... great until about 8pm tonight but I know it is because I just need sleep :)

How's  your appetite? .... hungry :) ha... I have eaten well today staying in my 90% raw vegan status... I had smoothie for breakfast which tasted amazing!.. and a bit more smoothie for a snack later... then a bit salad for lunch and another for supper... Supper was followed by a small serving of rice and cooked veggies. ... but I was still hungry about an hour later.... so... I had organic grapes dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with cake sprinkles......... haha. just kidding!  No.... grapes and almonds :) teehehe..

I am finding the key to sticking with it and not wanting to eat a pizza or garlic bread or onion rings is to come up with a few of my own tricks..
  • To make sure I dont over do it.... I must make sure not get too hungry. When I feel hungry eat RIGHT THEN.  Today I did have a craving for cooked food at lunch but one I started making my salad I couldnt wait to eat it. SOOOO yummy. 
  • I also have to make sure I eat enough!!!! 
  • If I do crave something... something i have just cooked for the family I eat a big salad before I allow myself to eat the cooked food I just made. :)  So far this technique has worked wonderfully and at the end of every meal like this I never feel guilty... I eat cooked if I want it because I know how well I have eaten the rest of the day. 

Trying to focus on progress, not perfection... trying to remember eating should be more about how you feel physically afterward than how you feel emotionally. I know that the SAD diet isnt for me... Its strange I know.. but remembering what "normal" meals do to me is key. Other people might not believe it.. but I do... I AM what I eat. 40 years of feeling subpar is enough....I think that is why I feel so amazing eating this way... my body is saying THANK YOU for feeding me the nutrients I have needed for all these years. Thank you for allowing me to rest and process foods with less effort. Thank you for making it easier on me to give you the energy you need. ...
I am realistic in understanding I will NOT be perfect on this journey... but the cool thing is perfection isnt a requirement to feel better :)...


Comments

Josha said…
Yay for you and you're tricks! I'm eating sad sad food....no water at my house ..first, my kitchen faucet was broken for several days.... trouble..I started off washing veggies in the bathroom...but when my water had to be turned off and then they couldn't fix it right away...still no water....I caved and started ordering out...hahaha
back to healthy when my water is back!
Oh, the things I take for granted!
Michelle said…
Awesome! We each have our own trail to blaze in this life transformation/maintenance gig. Glad to see you are still going strong!