(UPDATE) Raw Day 2.. Age spots, Salad leftovers, and the grasshopper.

FEELING SO MUCH BETTER TODAY! I actually enjoyed my meals yesterday! This morning woke up with energy to get out the door for 6am track practice. 

I am so very happy with my tummy and it feeling 1000 times better! 
I am so very happy with my energy levels and feel great. 
My skin is already responding! .. I have a "age spot" on my right eye its not too bad and I usually cover with makeup.. BUT... I am hoping my diet will get rid of it! 

:"When the diet contains too many toxins and not enough natural anti-oxidants, the body is unable to repair the damage. Your lymphatic system routes cellular wastes along with excess and used up hormones to your liver for detoxification. If the liver is overloaded, it will store these toxins in the cells of your organs, joints and skin.
Age spots are extremely difficult to avoid because if they are present on the skin then the aging body also has them in every inside organ, especially the brain.:

Here is a photo that shows it.... 
do you see it just to the left of my eye? little brown spot?
 Ok.. so I ran my photo through instagram and on one of the filters.. this came up! YIKES. I know I know its just a filter that is set to make photos look older.... but still! What a visual image for me to keep in my head! I want to get younger... not older! (Wheres the filter for that?) ha

today I found a bit of a surprised in my organic spinach :) 
The most beautiful grasshopper I have ever seen! ;) he was certified organic... NO I did not eat him.. I released him in our backyard :) . Next time I will know to give the spinach a bit of a shake before leaving the store :) 

This morning I had a "green" smoothie for breakfast.. this was pineapple, banana, strawberry, kale and spinach.... it was yummy! My DD had one just like it as well! :) 

For lunch I made a big salad. I was hungry! 
But.....I could barely eat half of it! OH MY.... Not wanting it to go to waist... I decided to do this;;;;



yes... I blended my salad! 

WHAT HAVE I TURNED INTO!!! AHHHH!


I added half a jalapeno, and half avacado and a bit of garlic. The result wasnt amazing.... but I think it will be much better after it is chilled. Will use it as a dip. If it turns our bad.... at least it was worth a try :)  

I have done some more searching and found two sites I like.... I want to try to make more soups as winter is getting here and I know there are some recipes that are really good... I just have to find them :)

http://www.choosingraw.com/introducing-the-blended-salad/
http://www.terawarner.com/about-the-raw-divas

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw_food_transformations_before_and_after.html


All for now... I am off to clean house, do science with the kids and looking forward to a run tonight or tomorrow and pray it will be great. 

Raw or Bust! Almost finished with day 2 n closer to my goal of 7days! yay! 

UPDATE:
Today went very well... I am very happy with how I feel and how I ate. 
Had to add this photo of my supper salad... 
It had a bed of romain, green leaf and topped with a mix of red green bell pepper, celery, cucumber, zuchini... and also tomato, one organic whole apple diced and a few organic grapes. Drizzled with a tad of vinaigrette. It was sooooo good! Loved it! 
Afterwards I had  just a few bites of the rice dish I made for the family... but no worries I am well within my 90% raw plan :) 
So here are my eats for today:
2 very large smoothies, 
two salads (the first i could only eat half of)... 
4 rice cakes
4 corn chips
a few bites of rice n veggies :) 
I would be thrilled if i could eat like this for a whole month! Just happy I am feeling great and enjoying the food!

Comments

Amanda said…
I've been blending a lot of stuff lately too. Really trying to get those fruits and veggies in daily. The first day I went back to raw was so hard, but the second day it became easier. I'm still coming off of carbs from the marathon traning so my body is craving sugar and carbs really bad.