Raw Day 10...Changing What Satisfies


When I realized my transition to healthy eating wasnt going to take a few months, that it was going to take a few years.. it was a bit depressing. Who wants to wait 2 years to reach your health goals? I wanted to NOT WANT the  donuts, cake, ice cream, cookies, sodas YESTERDAY.. I didn't want to wait 2 years. ..After years of trying and failing... years or gaining n loosing .. that permanent change takes time.... simple as that.  ....

Tonight was a little celebration for my DD 15th birthday. She made cupcakes and decorated them to look like owls... aren't they pretty!  :) I made homemade ice cream (something that is usually left for my hubby to do)..

 As I whipped up the ice cream I thought to myself... I have no desire to eat this. Its literally like non food to me. Emotionally it was like I was just mixing up a big batch of paint or other nonfood item strange huh?


It strange to be so different that EVERY ONE else can be eating glorious ice cream and beautiful cupcakes and I am drooling over this:
This is my raspberry smoothie. Its what I had for supper... along with just a few bites of rice n veggies ...

I had NO desire to eat the ice cream.... esp after tasting it. I took a small taste to make sure "it was ok"  right after it was done turning.... As soon as the ice cream touched my mouth it was shocking how awful it tasted to me.  Not like oooo its too sweet awful... but OH NO I DID SOMETHING WRONG awful. ... At the party all the guests said it was wonderful. I was relieved they enjoyed it, I didnt mess up the recipe and make some horrid ice cream.... but find it encouraging and funny that it tasted soooooo bad to me.

To change a diet so far into SAD as mine was and to be at a place where I have no craving or desire to eat certain foods because they simply dont taste good to me anymore.... I LOVE IT!
Is two years, 4 years, worth the effort to be fit n health?

It sure is.
Praising God today for my 10th day 90% raw vegan and looking forward to another 10.


OH.. had a quick 5 mile run this morning.... fast pace..... it was great!

Comments

Josha said…
day 10...just like Daniel!