It's hard, It's stinky but its worth it.

Lots of choices in this life you know.
stay at home-work full time
donuts-fruit cup
homeschool-private-public
short hair - long hair


the list goes on and on....
Some choices are easy... some people see them as "no brainers"...
But what about those choices that are hard to make
you KNOW its going to hurt,
you KNOW its going to stink,
You KNOW there will be pain involved,
You KNOW you will have issues the following day because of the choice you make today,
You KNOW people will call you crazy,
You KNOW you will feel isolated, rejected, and alone in your decision.

I am choosing to get THESE arms back :) I am choosing this by working hard doing pushups and weight lifting :) Its a choice I know will be hard and stinky in many ways. I m choosing this by eating correctly, staying hydrated,  and getting enough rest.... being disciplined and not settling for good enough. .

I also choose to run,.. because when i dont I turn into a cranky mom, wife and friend. I run because when I dont I "feel old" ......
Running does many things for me which I love... but it isnt easy. Its hard and stinky...


but its worth it. Sweat stinging my eyes, dripping from my nose and chin... its a pain... its not fun... but
ITS WORTH IT.

 Because tired and sore from a workout beats tired and sore from carrying extra weight n being a size 18. Because tired and sore from a workout beats being tired and exhausted from the stress I use to carry all day. Because tired and sore from a workout is what makes me happy.


ITS HARD.

ITS STINKY

BUT

ITS WORTH IT!

I use to look at people who were fit and think they were lucky to be born that way.... but what I have learned....  being in shape takes work. 99.9 percent of fit people work hard for it, eat correctly for it, say NO to so many things society tells us to say yes too..... It's a choice. It's a way of life. It's not a diet .. it doesnt just last 6 or 12 weeks....If you get in shape it takes work to stay that way... You can't reach your goal and just sit there.... you have to keep working setting new goals.....  Its a choice... a hard, stinky, sweaty, AWESOME choice. Someday I will be super fit. Until then... I will be thankful for my soreness, and my stinky-ness :)

There will always be someone smarter, richer, prettier, taller, faster and stronger.... but it doesnt mean I shouldnt keep trying to be smart, to be pretty, to stay in shape so I can wear my 7 inch hills :) HA! .. doesnt mean I shouldnt keep trying to be faster or stronger.

_____5 mile run completed today... a bit of a run after at track practice... tonight... day 2 of pushups and more ab work!_______



Comments